Gransnet forums

Health

Coronavirus spring clean

(41 Posts)
Missfoodlove Mon 09-Mar-20 10:48:41

I am fortunate enough to have a well stocked home and am now going to stay home and spring clean!

Any work I do can be done remotely.
I only need to dog walk so myself and husband will spend the next fortnight avoiding public places.
No gym, shops,cinemas etc.

I think this is our best chance of staying virus free.
Is anyone else doing the same?

bikergran Tue 10-Mar-20 18:56:08

Unfortunately I have to go to work in our Supermarket hmm

LucasHarper Mon 22-Nov-21 09:15:41

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

tanith Mon 22-Nov-21 09:26:01

LucasHarper this thread is 18 months old most people are vaccinated now and we are mostly being careful.

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Nov-21 10:42:12

Perhaps LucasHarper is a time traveller ?

Teacheranne Mon 22-Nov-21 13:22:41

An old thread but quite amusing to read the earlier comments - how innocent we were in March 2020 about how the pandemic would affect us!

Esspee Mon 22-Nov-21 13:29:57

There has been a spate recently of resurrected threads. Rather irritating.

Hetty58 Mon 22-Nov-21 13:41:59

Missfoodlove, warmer weather won't kill the virus. It just means that people spend less time in poorly ventilated indoor conditions - where transmission is highest.

Grannynannywanny Mon 22-Nov-21 13:44:13

An old thread but isn’t it interesting to read back how folk were thinking at the start of the pandemic. Maybe I was being naive but I certainly didn’t think we’d still be living with covid 19 for this length of time.

I feel very thankful for the vaccination programme and although we’re not out of the woods yet hopefully the worst is behind us.

Sago Mon 22-Nov-21 16:51:57

How naive we were, the OP was before the first lockdown!

dogsmother Mon 22-Nov-21 17:01:18

Interesting.
I’m at home with the dreaded COVID. OH is continuing to go to work doing daily testing. I was one day short of my booster, he had his a couple of weeks ago! I will as soon as possible get back out and continue as I was. We really do need to just live our lives as best we can.

MayBee70 Mon 22-Nov-21 17:20:22

It’s often interesting to look back on old threads. I’m the biggest pessimist going but even I never thought we’d still be in the middle of a pandemic now.

EthanBarack22 Mon 18-Apr-22 09:43:59

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Mom3 Tue 24-May-22 07:19:01

It's so interesting to read these old messages. People were thinking they just had to isolate for two weeks and now it's been two years. What a very strange time it has been.

Sago Tue 24-May-22 09:00:30

It’s very interesting to read back, I am the OP.
I was asked what will it achieve staying home and avoiding public places?

Well obviously this was before we were locked down, I think we made the right decision, we had a pregnant daughter at the time who lives 200 miles away, we needed to stay healthy so we could support her our SIL and granddaughter, we took sensible precautions throughout the pandemic and have been fortunate enough to have remained Covid free.

Let’s just hope and pray the Monkeypox virus doesn’t spread cause and mutate.

MawtheMerrier Tue 24-May-22 09:11:25

MayBee70

It’s often interesting to look back on old threads. I’m the biggest pessimist going but even I never thought we’d still be in the middle of a pandemic now.

I remember dismissing my daughter’s “gloomy” prognostications in March 2020 that we could be in for 6 weeks or more . If I’d known then it was going to be two years I’d have crawled back under the duvet! I was afraid of a breakdown of society, which didn’t seem to happen right away, as we were ( or so we thought) “all in it together”. But I had no idea of the repercussions two years later, which are more frightening. Our “mañana will do” WFH “work” ethic, the frightening rise in inflation, (I suppose I should have foreseen that) , but the short-tempered antagonistic nature of behaviour in general which seems to have succeeded looking out for each other.
There was that urge to spend the time usefully, like tidying out the fridge, freezer and inevitably the knicker drawer.
Thankfully that passed as did any urge to learn Spanish