Gransnet forums

Health

Does anyone know what a very mild case of CV looks like?

(33 Posts)
vampirequeen Sun 22-Mar-20 21:55:39

I've had weird sore throat for the last few days. It's not really sore and comes and goes. I had a cough for a couple of days with light sensation of pressure in my chest but again not all the time. No fever. I have self isolated for the safety of others but I have no idea if I've got a very mild version of it or it's another bug.

dizzyblonde Wed 25-Mar-20 12:49:21

I’ve got symptoms, dry, non productive cough, generalised mild aches, tiredness and a sore chest. Have had a cold for the past few days( sneezing and runny nose which aren’t symptoms) cough etc developed today so may be the tail end of the cold as they are not uncommon at the end of a cold. Off work now for 7 days.

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 13:18:15

Is it just 7?
I thought it was 14. I'm getting muddled thinking about it all.

Hope you keep as well as you can.

dizzyblonde Wed 25-Mar-20 13:22:57

If you have symptoms it’s 7 days. 14 days for the rest of the household who are currently symptom free.

fiorentina51 Wed 25-Mar-20 13:33:02

This video might help
www.businessinsider.com/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-symptoms-day-by-day-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

MissAdventure Wed 25-Mar-20 17:20:05

Thank you, dizzyblonde and fiorentina.

Every time I think I'm au fait (pardon my French, at least I think that's what it is!) I realise there are still some niggling doubts.

Doodledog Wed 25-Mar-20 17:44:36

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-mass-home-testing-to-be-made-available-within-days?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR1RfGOj5ld-njMVNoMkfFmpi8ynXc2Pd1cLfvJqFo5oH7QqIoFBaBVzyqE

It seems that there will soon be tests available, so that those of us who have had very mild symptoms (not like the ones in the video) and aren't sure if they were CV or just a cold will be able to check.

It's not clear when we will be able to get them, as obviously the general public will be well behind diagnosed patients and key workers in the queue, but it's good to know that they are on the way.

welbeck Wed 25-Mar-20 19:03:32

i think the symptoms are more various and wide-ranging than at first realised.
i read of a nurse from a care home in washington state where several residents were infected with the covid-19.
she said the one noticeable thing they all had was redness about the eyes. but i guess that is often the way with the common cold or flu.
also a doctor said it is incorrect to say that if you have a watery nose or sneezing, that it's not the virus. he said they literally do not know enough about it yet. other symptoms reported were loss of appetite/ sense of smell/taste; digestive problems; body pains/muscle/joint aches. so its very difficult to tell. in mild cases.
a private healthcare company is offering tests at £250, reduced to £200 for nhs workers. many of his customers are corporate, wanting to get people back to work, who have recovered from it presumably.
but do they actually know that such a person is then immune. and if they are negative on test, they could contract it the very next day, so no more safe to travel mingle than anyone of unknown status.
better all keep our heads down.