Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 6

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:02:31

Well we have reached another 1000 posts so time for another thread. Welcome.

Anniebach Fri 10-Jul-20 21:09:21

I didn’t mean the fears over the virus were easier for us, they
are adding more but we can come through this , God knows we have had many fears to cope with. X

Doodle Fri 10-Jul-20 23:12:58

No sorry annie I didn’t mean that either. Just that we have had worries and anxiety a lot of the time and have got through some of those times with the support here on this thread.
Sleep tight all x

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 09:57:37

Hi all x

‘New research suggests laughter has helped many people cope
with the Covid epidemic.’

All I can add is ?

Doodle Sat 11-Jul-20 14:13:50

Not much laughter going on here I’m afraid. Just heard my son has been made redundant. It has come as a shock. Quite upsetting. One of those knock backs I mentioned earlier in the week.
Hope everyone is ok.
Take care x

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 15:17:12

Doodle so very sorry, it is very upsetting and worrying x

Puzzler61 Sat 11-Jul-20 15:39:04

Oh Doodle sorry for that news.

It’s an awfully worrying time for our children’s generation and the worst fear has become real for your DS. Please stress to him it’s his JOB that has become redundant, not HIM. He hasn’t failed, Covid has got in the way and skewed (and screwed) so many things.

I know you will be wonderfully supportive, and maybe you can look online at training, situations vacant, maybe alternative jobs to ones he has done - suggest as many positive facts as you can find and keep him buoyant and help guide him towards future employment. He will get work - but it may take a little time. I hope it’s sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed.
Here are some ? for you.

Doodle Sat 11-Jul-20 18:59:46

Thank you both for your support. Both he and my other son have been made redundant before. He is qualified in his field so I hope he can find something.
I am still praying for eilyann’s SIL to keep his job. Hope he’s ok.
Hope all the black dog gang are ok. I know I can come here for support and prayers. x

lavenderzen Sat 11-Jul-20 19:29:56

Hello everyone x

So sorry to here about your son's redundancy Doodle, I hope and pray things get sorted out soon for him, and he finds a new job - what a worry for you all. Sending love xx

Hope you are ok Annie xx

Wishing everyone a peaceful evening, stay safe, lots of love xx

Doodle Sat 11-Jul-20 20:32:36

Thank you lavender hope you are ok. Thank you for your prayers xi

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 20:52:52

Doodle we are all here for you x

Doodle Sat 11-Jul-20 21:52:20

I know that annie and thank you for it. I know our little Black dog gang are around in troubles. Bless you all x

Anniebach Sat 11-Jul-20 22:03:42

Doodle you have so much worry, I hold your family in my prayers and I pray you will find strength.

Every night I read a snippet from a little book I bought many
years ago from the monks on Caldy, last night -

‘It isn’t hard work which wears you down but worries’

We will support you, listen to you, care about you, pray for you .

I send you a cwtch X

Doodle Sun 12-Jul-20 00:16:56

Thank you annie a cwtch is very special and thank you for your prayers too. It means a lot. I am trying not to worry but it is hard. They have been through so much already I had hoped for some better times for them . Sleep well x

Anniebach Sun 12-Jul-20 10:28:23

Hi all x

Are we all struggling ?

Doodle Sun 12-Jul-20 11:53:45

I am but hanging in there. The tummy has started playing up as I knew it would and the odd panic but I am trying to hold onto the fact that I have been here before. It is thinking about my DS and family and what they are going through that upsets me most. He has had enough worry these last few years without this but it is happening to many.

How are you doing annie? x

rafichagran Sun 12-Jul-20 20:27:28

So sorry to hear about your son Doodle It must be worrying and upsetting for him, and you feel for him.
Please take care of yourself.
Hope everyone feels as good as they can. I was quite ok in myself yesterday, but feel a little down today.

Anniebach Sun 12-Jul-20 21:18:48

rafichsgran. Sorry you are having a down day , we know they
pass but it’s still upsetting. X

Doodle the stomach always gets it doesn’t it ? You are under
much stress , make sure you eat, so often the appetite goes and
this causes low sugar which makes us feel worse x

Doodle Sun 12-Jul-20 21:36:05

Thanks both of you. I’m feeling a bit better stomach wise now. It comes and goes. Sorry you’ve been a bit down today rafichagran anything in particular or just one of those slightly out of sorts feelings?
Hope you all sleep well x

Anniebach Mon 13-Jul-20 10:26:41

Hi all x

eilyann Mon 13-Jul-20 18:58:45

Oh Doodle I am so sorry at your news. I will double my battering ram on Heaven's door that your DS finds something even better soon. We won't know about my DSiL until the end of this month so you can imagine how much battering has been going on! I do hope your tummy keeps calm - though I daresay you'd put up with that if you got some good news.
In my prayers as always flowers

Doodle Mon 13-Jul-20 20:02:50

eilyann I am still praying for your SIL too. I hope he keeps his job.
This is the best place to be for support with troubles, annie, bless you for keeping me afloat. It’s good to have somewhere to go where your problems and worries are understood.
I hope everyone is ok. Take care all x

Anniebach Mon 13-Jul-20 21:32:31

eilyann, Doodle

You both and all who post here are in my prayers, no matter the age, our son / daughter is our child and we worry so much
for them, it’s what mothers do . X

Doodle Mon 13-Jul-20 23:12:17

Thank you annie. x

Hope everyone is ok. Sleep well.

Anniebach Tue 14-Jul-20 10:40:31

Hi all x

Coping? Struggling ? Busy ? On holiday?

Struggling yes ? X

Doodle Tue 14-Jul-20 11:21:37

Yes that’s the word for it annie. Hoe are you today ? x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion