Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 6

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:02:31

Well we have reached another 1000 posts so time for another thread. Welcome.

Joce345 Thu 30-Jul-20 22:43:10

Hello all black dog friends, hope everyone’s doing ok.
Annie how love both granddaughter...Hopefully you will get out a bit if only to sit on Fred. feel excited and scared for you, don’t know what a Echo Dot is Lavenderzen Hope Annie will enlighten us.
Doodle how are you doing, plodding on I hope, I do hope everyones plodding well..
Have a peaceful night sleep ? all good night ?

Anniebach Fri 31-Jul-20 10:36:36

Hi all x

Doodle Fri 31-Jul-20 11:10:52

annie what a happy day for you. Have they set your Echo dot up for you? Did they like your patio?

Yes a lot of stress around at the moment. I’m trying to keep a lid on mine.x

Doodle Fri 31-Jul-20 11:12:20

Hello lavender and joce hope you are ok too.
Going to be hot here today. Take care all x

Flutterby1 Fri 31-Jul-20 21:16:01

Hello my dear friends apologies once again for not being in touch for a wee while. Dealing with a family member with health issues at the moment so things are bit difficult also another worry re one of my children. It is another merry go round time - well take out the merry!
I have to say I am so happy for Annie not only spending time with her two lovely granddaughters she now has her path and railings. I think the fairy lights are a great idea. I love twinkly lights as they bring back so many happy memories.
I really do think of you all and you are in my night time prayers.
Take care and stay safe at this still uncertain time.
Much love and flowers for all x

Anniebach Fri 31-Jul-20 21:29:32

flutterby please, no apology, we are here for each other , things happen and we are so swamped it can be difficult to talk, sorry you are much to worry about , you take care x

Doodle yes so hot today, I had a restless night so was tired this morning, had a nap late morning, a quiet day after much
going on all week.

lavender Joyce an Echo dot is one of those things one
asks Alexa, granddaughters thought I would find it useful,
mmmmmmmmmm ! My husband said , many, many years
ago ‘ you would have complained if you had been around when the wheel was invented ‘, ?

Doodle Fri 31-Jul-20 22:47:06

Hello flutterby sorry to hear one of your family is not too well. Worry about our children, it goes on doesn’t it, no matter how old they are. Hope it is sorted soon.
Take care of yourself and pop in whenever you feel like it. Lovely to hear from you.
annie hope you are back in your bed now your granddaughters have visited. It’s difficult to sleep when it’s so hot. DH is having trouble with his antibiotics upsetting his stomach so a restless night all round last night it seems.
Have you asked your Alexa anything yet? She can play music and tell you jokes or stories.
Sleep well all x

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 12:03:01

Hi all x

eilyann Sat 01-Aug-20 17:05:20

I'd like to thank all those who kept my DSiL in their thoughts and prayers. It now looks as if his job is safe - for the moment! I know nothing is safe at the moment and all of those of you in a similar - or worse position are in my daily prayers. My DSiL is such a lovely man who has overcome several hardships including losing both parents (so has taken us on board as in loco!) and is a wonderful husband and father so thank you all from the bottom of my heart flowers

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 17:16:20

So relieved and happy for you and your family eilyann, such
worry for you all x

Hugs x

Doodle Sat 01-Aug-20 18:13:54

Oh eilyann thank you for letting us know. That has brought a big smile to my face. I have been praying for him every day since you asked. What good news. Fingers crossed for the future. ?
annie it has been so hot here today I think I might have melted a bit. Have you ventured outside your door to look at your patio yet ?
Hope everyone is ok x

lavenderzen Sat 01-Aug-20 20:24:26

Hello everyone
How are you all.
So pleased to hear your news eilyann that is so good. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.
Annie it has been very hot here too, exhausting thats the only word for it xx
Good to hear from you flutterby, I'm sorry you are struggling with family problems, I hope things improve soon for you all.
I love your granddaughters Annie, I always smile at the things they say to you (in particular the 7 seater settee!). What a joy they are.
How are you Doodle hope you are doing ok.
Joyce yes I am plodding on too, trying to get somewhere, not sure where though. Take care.

Have a peaceful evening everyone, stay safe, lots of love to you all xx

Anniebach Sat 01-Aug-20 21:23:01

It hasn’t been hot in Mid Wales today, rained in the night and
no sun and blue sky today, grey sky.

lavenderzen Sat 01-Aug-20 22:08:44

Sorry, I thought you had said it was hot, I get mixed up!

Doodle Sun 02-Aug-20 10:53:48

Hot and sunny here today.
Any showing up in Wales annie.?

Have you ventured out at all since your patio was done?

Have a good day all x

Anniebach Sun 02-Aug-20 12:18:04

Hi all x

Clouds just cleared Doodle, not hot , thank heaven.

Haven’t had the courage to venture out yet, legs very weak and
knee badly swollen , spent too long lazing on the sofa and cross stitching

Doodle Sun 02-Aug-20 14:33:43

Sorry about your swollen knee annie that sounds very painful. Hope you manage to take a step or two outside soon.
I spent an hour or so doing my cross stitch yesterday. It’s so easy to become absorbed in what your doing. Hope you have a good day.

Nonnie Mon 03-Aug-20 10:56:24

Hi all, back again. Sorry only read one page so missed a lot of what has happened.

eilyann it is quite a while since you told us about your sil and he has been in my prayers so I thank the Lord that things are looking up.

annie sounds as if some good things have happened for you too.

There have been some good things in my life but also same old grieving which hit hard again. I keep reminding myself of the good things but it doesn't always work. At least I must be coping or I wouldn't have come back on.

I pray for you all every night.

Anniebach Mon 03-Aug-20 11:38:26

Hi all x

nonnie hello x. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. The grief
will not go away my love, we have to learn to live with it, there
is no choice.

eilyann Mon 03-Aug-20 12:34:56

Thank you all again. I really do think of all of you worrying about family - doesn't matter how old they are does it? My grandmother used to say 'When they're young they make your arms ache and when they're older they make your heart ache'. I know which I prefer! I can't remember all of you with troubles but Doodle I know some of yours and I am still using my battering ram on Heaven's door! Annie I do so hope you get the strength and courage to go just 2 steps outside. It would do you so much good. You are all in my prayersflowers

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 12:50:30

nonnie sorry you are being troubled again. These times come and go. Keep safe and remember you do have good times.
annie how are you today.
eilyann Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers. What would we all do without the support of others.
Take care all x

lavenderzen Mon 03-Aug-20 19:28:03

Hello
Just calling in to wish everyone a peaceful evening, and a good nights sleep. Take care, stay safe, lots of love to all xx

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 21:02:21

Evening all. Been a hot day here today.
Had a lot of wobble this morning (mornings are my worst time I think) but improved as the day went on.
Hope everyone is ok.
How have you been today annie?
Sleep well all x

Anniebach Mon 03-Aug-20 21:35:40

Doodle quite usual if suffering from wobbles for them to start in the morning, our minds and bodies have relaxed whilst we sleep, unless we have much broken sleep, our worries, problems, fear rush into our minds.

I find evenings depressing, well sad really , when I stop cross
stitching, thoughts come so I do crosswords etc to have
something to concentrate on.

Doodle Mon 03-Aug-20 21:43:14

It helps keeping our minds busy doesn’t it? Reading, cross stitch puzzles TV. Anything that distracts really. Hope you are ok annie . I’m having an early night with a book.
Sleep well x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion