Gransnet forums

Health

Thoughtless neighbour.

(57 Posts)
NanKate Thu 28-May-20 14:00:06

Yesterday I was standing in excess of 2 metres from a neighbour who is in her 50s and I am in my 70s. She was on her front lawn which is open plan to mine 2 gardens away.

At the end of our conversation she said ‘I think I have had the virus as I have had a temperature, cough, shortness of breath and fatigue. I’ve have just done the test with the rest of the family and am awaiting the results.’ ?

I finished the conversation quickly and went indoors. I think she should have told me immediately the situation. She was reclining on the ground so let’s hope no bugs floated up to me. ?

Pippa22 Fri 29-May-20 15:42:16

I think that this is a non story. Two neighbours chatting two gardens apart and neighbour says to NanKate that she “thinks “ she had the virus and has been tested. Neighbour is lying down, NanKate standing. Why the worry ? This is obviously a horrible virus and we need to be sensible but let’s not get neurotic about it. We need to live and to do that properly we need to relax a bit and get a semblance of normality.

Buffy Fri 29-May-20 16:51:08

Whether she had it or not her symptoms were over and done with. I wouldn’t be worrying unduly.

Arto1s Fri 29-May-20 21:05:34

Well said Marilii I absolutely agree with you. Common sense is certainly lacking in the world today.

NanKate Fri 29-May-20 21:47:35

Thanks all. I am not worried now as I kept well away. I was just not expecting her to tell me she thought she had had it as she had 4 of the symptoms. ?

Franbern Sat 30-May-20 09:02:15

Good distance away, AND outside -less likely to catch it there. Would probably need to be much closer and fora goodly time. And, it does sound as if she was talking in the past tense.

Over =-70's are NOT shielded -they count as Vulnerable. No reason for anyone who have had, or even has this virus not to go outdoors, could be good for them. Need to stay well away from all others. If the country had a good and speedy testing process like most other countries, it would be helping so much.

arosebyanyothername Sat 30-May-20 23:06:13

I think stupidity has become the ‘New norm’ ?