Gransnet forums

Health

Air purifier or ioniser?

(8 Posts)
Ramblingrose22 Sun 16-Aug-20 17:50:08

Has anyone tried an air purifier or ioniser?

I would like to get one for the bedroom as I normally close the windows at night and am wondering if the air quality would improve and if we would sleep better with one of these.

Any recommendations (or the opposite) would be appreciated.

crazyH Sun 16-Aug-20 18:05:16

I haven't tried either of those....bedroom window is always open...so too the window of the bedroom opposite so there is always air passing through, plus I have a ceiling fan which circulates the air .

Ramblingrose22 Sun 16-Aug-20 18:26:05

Thanks, crazyH.

I cannot have the door open as that would let light into the bedroom from the landing and I have to sleep in complete darkness.

Hope others will be able to tell me if they have tried either of these gadgets.

TrendyNannie6 Mon 17-Aug-20 11:02:44

Yes I’ve got a couple of them bought from amazon, one in bedroom, one in kitchen

Gingergirl Fri 21-Aug-20 11:21:48

I have an air purifier which I have on in the bedroom in the daytime. Research them as they’re not all the same. Mine is blue air. I wouldn’t be without it.

Gingergirl Fri 21-Aug-20 11:22:37

Should say that you can use it at night and on a low setting it’s almost silent.

geekesse Fri 21-Aug-20 11:28:35

Ionisers are brilliant for removing tiny particles from the air in a room. They are cheap-ish, almost silent and very effective.

The downside is that you need to clean surfaces around the ioniser because that’s where a lot of the particles end up.

craftyone Fri 28-Aug-20 17:03:51

gingergirl, I have blu air, one in the bedroom and one in the lving room. Meaco airvax is a cheaper option. Blueair is better.