Gransnet forums

Health

Flu Jab query .

(58 Posts)
Birdwatcher4 Wed 23-Sep-20 11:17:33

What month is the best time to have the jab I have been told the later you have it Oct/Nov is the best time any GN have an opinion .

chelseababy Sat 26-Sep-20 14:40:47

Mine was due this morning at 9. Lloyd's pharmacy rang about 3.30 yesterday afternoon to say there would be no one there at the allotted time trained to do it! I booked it ages ago! Anyway I had it done at 4.15pm yesterday. They said nothing for under 65s till at least 20 October.

blondenana Sat 26-Sep-20 15:07:07

My local chemist is having trouble getting stocks in,
Now that anyone over 50 can have it free she has been inudated with requests for appointments, but of course is taking over 65s first,
She has done one lot and im in the second lot, so sometime in October but no date yet
My Surgery rang me a few weeks ago to se if i wanted to book an appointment, but doing them at the Rugby club which is too far for me as don't drive ,
Local chemist is 5 minutes away so much better for me

Xander Sat 26-Sep-20 15:32:13

Had mine this am at community centre, manned by surgery staff.Booked on line via surgery site on recieving a letter two weeks ago.Extreemly impressed by service. Ahead of time slot, Pneumovax also given. Did not feel a thing!!! I had not had a flu vac for last few years but decided I would have anything going this year to reduce health risks!!!!!

Elizabeth1 Sat 26-Sep-20 15:55:11

People in my area are struggling to contact the Nhs to book in a flu jab. I’m fortunate I managed to get one from my local pharmacist who said there’s few supplies going in. But I heard on the radio these supplies will begin to get delivered 1st October and thereafter. Me and my DH received a letter in the post with a contact number however there’s been such an influx of requests the lines went dead.Good luck everyone I’m just pleased to be able to knock this off my worry tick list. Pm me if you need any other information

welbeck Sat 26-Sep-20 18:21:33

anyone who can afford to pay and can find somewhere near to do it, i'd say go get it done asap.

the person whose local chemist is closing, you know you can arrange to have repeats sent to you in the post.
www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ppc?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_pfMr6qH7AIVRubtCh06DgOIEAAYASAAEgL0aPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Willow500 Sat 26-Sep-20 18:24:38

I was pleased to get a call from our pharmacy yesterday to say they'd had more stocks delivered so could book us in on Monday after all. Rather relieved!

cornergran Sat 26-Sep-20 19:20:53

Had ours in the car park at our surgery today. Incredibly well organised, no wait at all. We thought it important to accept the surgery invitation. The surgery plan is to offer vaccination to under 60’s from November.