Gransnet forums

Health

BLACK DOG 9

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 26-Dec-20 13:03:39

support, understanding and sharing for all mental health
troubles .

Doodle Thu 31-Dec-20 22:09:23

Jan that’s good news. Having the right medication is a good start. Happy New Year to you too ?

Anniebach Fri 01-Jan-21 10:21:38

Happy New Year x

Just For You
Poet: Kate Summers

This New Year Poem is just for you
Be happy and live life through
Look forward to coming the days
May happiness be your way.

No matter what challenges you face
Find the good and you will find your place
Being optimistic is the way
To be successful every day!

Doodle Fri 01-Jan-21 20:37:49

That’s a good start to the New Year Annie. I hope and pray it’s a better one for us all.
Thank you for your kindness and support to us all last year. You made such a difference.x.
Happy New Year all the BDG x

Anniebach Fri 01-Jan-21 22:25:52

Doodle thank you , I receive kindness and support ,

I shall bore with another quote -

Friendship - no deposit no return .

Yes we will hope and pray , without these what is there x

Anniebach Sat 02-Jan-21 11:40:38

Hi all x

How is everyone?

Snowing in Mid Wales and not only on the mountains !

Doodle Sat 02-Jan-21 11:45:14

Oh Annie I’m sorry. I know how you hate it. Let’s hope it goes away soon. Any news from your MT. How is she getting on, has she recovered fully from her recent illness?

Joce345 Sat 02-Jan-21 13:15:13

Aww Annie sorry to hear you have snow.. love your quote friendship.. we have snow in Yorkshire as well, not so bad at the min...I second what Doodle say Annie you are our back bone hear on the BDG thank you, GOD BLESS you.. xx
How are you are doing ok Doodle..
How’s everyone else doing.. ??

Scaredycat Sat 02-Jan-21 15:37:45

Hi everyone on a damp chilly grey old day here. Been for a walk in the drizzle! Whatever the weather though it always feels better to have made the effort. Hope you are doing things that make you feel better.
Annie- Thank you for the poem. I really need to work on optimism it’s a bit of an uphill struggle these days. I do hope this coming year brings you the kindness and help you deserve and give so willingly to us all.
Oh no! The dreaded snow has arrived I,m so sorry as I know you don,t like it. I saw photos of the walkers in Wales in the snow with never a care for those that may have to go out and rescue them!
Doodle - Happy New Year to you too. I hope DH is improving daily and his pain has lessened. Hope too you,ve managed to get some decent sleep.x
Joce- good to see you . Wishing you and your family all the best for the New Year.
Bluesky,Nonnie,Lavender,Rafichagran,Motherofmany,Nanny and all in BDG have a good evening and take care xx

Anniebach Sat 02-Jan-21 18:07:08

Doodle my mini tornado is fine thank you, she has exams this month so busy, busy, busy. How is your husband?

Joyce everyone who posts on this thread is helping others,
mental health problems are still in need of people speaking out.

Scaredycat being optimistic all day every day would certainly be a challenge, probably impossible, but to hold onto
some optimistic thoughts is good. Well done for going for your walk in this miserable weather but it is so important to get out there.

Ok, me and snow, I have no reason to feel anxious about it now but I do, I really had cause to dread it for years, every winter I was told ‘you are not going home over those mountains in this weather ‘ , then when I was bought a car at
17 I thought ‘yippee, don’t have to depend on buses in the winter ‘, then came ‘don’t think you are going home this month , snow and you in a car’.

The dread turned into a strong phobia, saw a psychologist who
practiced hypnotism, he recorded the sessions, I thought it was going to cover me as the tip covered the school in Aberfan, , so snow to me was something which stopped me going home to Aberfan ,and then like the tip it came down, no
one could stop it , council workers would be out on snow
ploughs, out with shovels, .

How our subconscious works !

rafichagran Sat 02-Jan-21 18:21:42

I am sorry it is snowing where you are Annie I know it scares you and you dont like it.
I have to say I am the opposite. I love it, everything looks clean and calm, and sitting looking at it gives me a feeling of peace. If only we could swap Annie.
Glad the Mini Tornado is ok, I know for you she is a joy, and she does sound lovely and caring. I understand your pride there.
I will look at the Christmas Tree one last time tonight and think of you all, as it is coming down tommorow.
Back to work Monday, and I have that sinking feeling already. I do feel guilty about this as so many people are unemployed. I have to wait until I am 66 to get my state pension, so cannot leave yet.
I get bad anxiety and I overthink things, I am trying to stop this.

Doodle Sat 02-Jan-21 18:44:50

Hello all.
We’ve had a slow lazy day today. The first day since DH feel down the stairs that we have felt anything like normal.
Joce how are you doing?
Scaredycat I like walking, even in the rain. Just looking at the trees and buds starting to show. Not been out recently so I haven’t caught any snowdrops yet.
Annie good to hear your MT is feeling better again. My DH is improving too thanks.
We cannot help how our minds think about certain things. I knew I wasn’t going to suffocate in a lift but that never stopped me going into complete panic at the thought of getting in one.
rafinchagran I’m sorry you feel like that about your job. I wish it didn’t cause you so much anxiety. Is it the people or the work you don’t like?
Take care all and sleep well.

Anniebach Sat 02-Jan-21 18:45:02

rafichafran returning to work does cause you anxiety doesn’t
it ?, anxiety can be eased and can be overcome, concentrate on
easing it my love x

rafichagran Sat 02-Jan-21 18:54:07

Thankyou Annie and Doodle. I am working on it. Sometimes it just overtakes me.
The citalapram helps though. I am not on a high dose, just enough to keep it manageable.

Joce345 Sat 02-Jan-21 19:19:50

Evening all,
Doodle thank you for asking I’m not doing bad but dreading my grandkids going back to school next week. We did have our Dinner together Christmas Day, my daughter only aloud it because the kids had been of school for 2 weeks isolating other wise I don’t think we would have.. I miss them so much I know others or the same it’s just so hard...
I still have a bubble with my daughter and new baby...
hope your DH is feeling better and you are getting some rest...
Annie your fear of snow makes sense..

I have just been reading on the BBC news
Coronavirus medics complain of bureaucracy in bid to join covid vaccine effort.
Has anyone else read it?
I have never read anything has ridiculous..

Joce345 Sat 02-Jan-21 19:24:28

Rafichagran I’m like you I like the snow.. I also do a lot of over thinking...
scaredycat thank you I would like to wish you happy peaceful New year..
?

Doodle Sat 02-Jan-21 20:19:30

Annie. This is for you. I enjoyed it. I hope you do too.
fundacionlacaixa.org/en/ising-hallelujah

Doodle Sat 02-Jan-21 20:22:33

Anyone welcome to watch the link. I found it most unusual and lovely.

Anniebach Sat 02-Jan-21 20:41:11

Yes Doodle most unusual and lovely, thank you so much x

nanny2507 Sat 02-Jan-21 22:38:00

terrible snow here today. I was driving home from a dog walk and i was terrified . i drove so slow and at one stage i was leader of a very long chain ha ha ha
hope everyone is ok. lovely video call with GD today and she was showing me how nicely she strokes one of their cats..(this cat has always been very nervous of GD) I seem to have passed my passion for cats on to her ...everyday picking a cat book from school..cat dresses cat headbands cat slippers cat toys ha ha ha

rafichagran Sat 02-Jan-21 22:45:30

Joce Over thinking can be so tiring, I sometimes feel so exhausted.
I hope you are having a rest today from it though.

Joce345 Sat 02-Jan-21 23:55:30

Doodle so lovely thank you ...
Rafichagran over thinking is very tiring, I do far to much of it...
Good night all, hope you all have a peaceful nights sleep ?

BlueSky Sun 03-Jan-21 09:58:05

Morning all x Hope you are all coping so far, weather doesn’t help but it is January after all. As for the dreaded virus vaccinations are our only hope. Unfortunately even the vaccine won’t help with all the other problems. I too like going out even in the rain and I feel for those who are unable to do so. Hope you’ll manage a peaceful Sunday x brew

Anniebach Sun 03-Jan-21 12:14:26

Hi all x

BlueSky I wish I could go for a walk, it’s so important to get
out doors.

January is a miserable month , cold , dark days and this year
the virus .

We need some positives on here, anyone have a positive?

FannyCornforth Sun 03-Jan-21 12:36:49

Hello
Can I join please? (I don't know if it's a positive, it might be a big fat negative!)
I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression in my late teens, and I've suffered from anxiety especially off and on ever since.
I think that I coped really well over lockdown as the hermit life suits me, but I think that I'm beginning to struggle now.
Thank you all, especially Annie flowers

Anniebach Sun 03-Jan-21 12:44:45

Hello FannyCornforth welcome. Black Dog was started to
share, understand and support anyone with mental health troubles, depression, anxiety, phobias, OCD etc .

Sorry you are struggling, do post whenever you wish ,

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion