Gransnet forums

Health

BLACK DOG 9

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 26-Dec-20 13:03:39

support, understanding and sharing for all mental health
troubles .

BlueSky Fri 22-Jan-21 11:34:26

Morning all x Nonnie thank you for your ‘never give up’, at times we feel like giving up for much less than some of you have been through. True often things are easier than anticipated, I would never try new things unless DH encouraged me.
Annie please listen to Nonnie and Doodle asking you not to refuse the wheelchair, tomorrow is another day.
Mixed feelings about the jab, I know it’s our only hope but me being me, can’t help fretting about reactions and side effects. I do know that catching the virus would be much worse.
I’ll copy Nonnie and wish you all our bright sunshine x cafe

Anniebach Fri 22-Jan-21 13:29:25

Hi all x

May I explain about the wheelchair and my strop ?

I want a wheelchair, I want to go into my garden, on my new patio and further.

I don’t want to use a wheelchair in my bungalow, I have muscle wastage, I must keep walking around the bungalow even with the pain to keep some strength in my legs .

But the wheelchair I am speaking of must be used indoors, when they bring the wheelchair they will check every room to see if the wheelchair can turn, if they decide moving some furniture is needed then it has to be moved .

When I posted I said they can take it back and I will stay in, sorry ,no, this is what I will say to them if they say I have to move my furniture, what I will do is buy a wheelchair and keep it in the hall, go out on it, I live on the end of a row of
bungalows so can go around the side and go out in my
garden .

Mental health and physical health, so often one affects the other .

Thank you for your encouragement, it can at times be difficult
being so alone x

Scaredycat Fri 22-Jan-21 16:32:44

Hello all.
Rafichagran- so sorry you have had bad news. There is enough to cope with at the moment without that. Hope you are ok.
Doodle- things are ok thank you and hope you are too.I went for a walk on my own today in beautiful sunshine as DH was busy and bumped into my youngest Grandaughter and her boyfriend out walking too. It was so lovely to see their dear little faces and have a chat it really cheered me up.
Nonnie- yes I have a date and time for my 2nd jab. They put it on the little card that they give you with the batch number etc on it. Hope you had a nice walk it was lovely here this afternoon.
Bluesky- please have the jab when it is offered to you. As you say the virus would be much worse. I really think it is the only way we can get our world back again
Annie- so glad you haven’t given up on the wheelchair. It’s good to hear you talking about being in your garden- the first step to freedom.
Sending love to,all in BDGx

nanny2507 Fri 22-Jan-21 17:49:18

hello all...just popping by. DH is doing well. he is scheduled for an operation today he will be in hospital for a few more weeks yet. He stood on a screw?nail xmas day and as a diabetic it went downhill from there. I hope you are all doing well. I really cant remember if i told you or not...but binks fell asleep while i was stroking his beautiful mane and it was so emotional it made me cry. After all he has been through and yet such a beautiful little beast....he is approx 5-6 years old the vet says xxx stay safe and happy

Doodle Fri 22-Jan-21 20:14:17

Nonnie you are right. We must be prepared to try out things even if it makes us nervous. Glad you are feeling better today.

Doodle Fri 22-Jan-21 20:21:24

Bluesky a bright sunshiny day to you too. I think we need to have the vaccine if offered. Obviously it’s up to each of us to decide but if you have decided to go ahead Bluesky then try not to worry. Just accept it as something that has to be done .
Annie sorry, now I understand about the wheelchair. I do hope they give you one that you can go outside in. I would love to hear you have been in the garden come summertime.
scaredycat what a lovely surprise to meet up with your DGD. I take it she lives locally to you. It must be nice to be able to see them on occasion.
Nanny I am so sorry to hear about your DH. That sounds a nasty accident. Hope he gets back home to you soon.
It sounds as though Binks has settled in well and feels comfortable and safe with you.
Take care all and sleep well. x

Nonnie Sat 23-Jan-21 10:22:43

BlueSky I understand your worry about the vaccine and think many of us share it. I decided to have it because I thought the risks of the vaccine were lower than the risk of the illness. If those brave people many years ago hadn't taken vaccine (they knew far less than we do) we would still have so many life threatening diseases like Polio, Smallpox etc.

Annie ah, I get your reasoning. 'Use it or lose it' makes sense. Good attitude.

Scardycat I have the card but not another date. Which one did you have? We had Pfizer and now have to listen to all the talk of needing second dose earlier than 12 weeks.

Nanny I missed out on what happened to your DH when I wasn't up to coming on here. I pray his op goes well and that he recovers quickly. Will you be able to visit him?

What an achievement to domesticate Binks. So happy for you.

Thanks Doodle the hard bit is getting into the mindset to do it.

Woke up to snow this morning and as I sit here the sun has shone very brightly on it. Snow is lovely as long as I don't have to drive in it!

BlueSky Sat 23-Jan-21 12:27:19

Afternoon all x Another sunny day before the snow they promised us for tomorrow.
Nonnie and others concerned, thanks yes of course I’ll get the jab, I know it’s just like other medications and procedures, it’s just me I catastrophise whatever situation I’m in, but I now do try to see a different outcome, as advised by counsellors.
Nannie sorry to hear your DH is in hospital, sending good wishes.
Annie I hope you too have sunshine today, it does lift the spirit.
Have a pleasant afternoon all x brewcupcake

rafichagran Sat 23-Jan-21 15:30:46

Thankyou everyone who has asked about me. I had a bad fall while out on my walk yesterday.
Blood gushing from my nose, split lip. They are not so bad today,but my right arm is very painful. Struggling to lift the lightest of things, even type. Will call 111 to see what they advise.
I wish everyone well, and I will post again when I get this sorted out. I am so stupid, something like this happens and I am worrying about other things.
In the meantime everyone take care, I hope to be back soon.

Scaredycat Sat 23-Jan-21 16:05:34

Afternoon all.
Nanny- I do hope your DH operation went well and that he is comfortable. Binks must be such good company now he is so happy and relaxed.
Doodle- yes my GD still lives at home so I do get to see her as they live in the Village. At the moment though they are so near yet so far!!!!
Nonnie- I had the Pfizer one too.(DH has to wait a while) .I do wish they would stop going on about it as it is making me very anxious. But, like you, I thought the vaccine was preferable to getting the virus. Oh you have snow - it is so pretty. There is a chance we will have some tomorrow.
Bluesky- Glad you will have the jab and I totally understand catastrophising as that is one of my worst problems too.
Rafichagran- So sorry you fell yesterday it must have been such a shock for you and painful too. Hope 111 helps you and that your arm gets better quickly.
Annie- hope you are ok today and the snow is staying away.
Love to allxx

nanny2507 Sat 23-Jan-21 16:35:10

rafic I hope you are OK!. When my friends do similar I always "you lemon" beautiful cuddles with binks ended with an almighty thump. I obviously overstepped the mark somehow. Oh well I have forgiven him already grin

Doodle Sat 23-Jan-21 18:45:31

Evening all.
Nonnie hope you don’t have to go anywhere in the snow. We are due snow here tomorrow.
Been a bright day today, DH and I went out in the car driving round to charge the battery. We were amazed at how many people were out walking .
Bluesky are you in the south too? Hope you are not worrying too much about having the vaccination. It’s the only way we can all move forward out of this.
rafichagran I’m so sorry you had a fall. That must have been such a shock to you, I hope you are not badly injured. I would get checked out if I were you. Hope you feel better soon.
scaredycat how lovely to have your family close by. We are lucky too in that both our sons and their families are not far from us.
Hope you are feeling ok.
Nanny I hope your DH is doing ok. Did everything go well with his op?
Oh dear I hope Binks didn’t hurt you. Obviously his previous life made him very vulnerable.
Annie hope you are ok.
I had a strange night last night. I was so cold I couldn’t stop shivering. Took some paracetamol and went to bed very wrapped up and with two blankets on top. Still felt very strange at about 3am but then woke up at 9.o. Feeling much better. Got a slight headache now but nothing like last night. Will have an early night I think.
Take care all x

Anniebach Sat 23-Jan-21 20:51:30

Hi all x

nonnie wish I could agree that snow is lovely! if you have to
drive do take care.

rafichagran a fall ? I am so sorry, please let us know the results of the checkup which you must have, sending a Cwtsh x
BlueSky I so understand your apprehension over the vaccination but care will be taken x

Scaredycat no, the snow didn’t stay away , but I took photographs of it , thought it may be a move forward to lessening my fear of it. How lovely you saw your granddaughter when you were out walking, I need to walk 50
miles to see my grandchildren !

nanny hope your husband makes a speedy recovery x

Doodle I so hope you will feel better this evening , sending a Cwtsh x

Doodle Sat 23-Jan-21 21:19:04

Hello Annie thank you I am feeling a bit better tonight but for some reason a bit breathless. I do have asthma but that is normally well controlled. I think part of the problem my be I hav put on weight since lockdown started and have become quite unfit. You are quite right Annie when you keep reminding us to walk. I think I must do more exercise x
Hope everyone else is ok. Take care and sleep well all x

Nonnie Sun 24-Jan-21 10:05:46

rafichagran that sounds very frightening I do hope it isn't anything too serious. Please let us know how you get on.

BlueSky I'm catastrophising a about the 12 week wait for the second vaccination. It does seem strange that we are doing something different to all the other countries. I like to think I'm a glass half full person but then I remember all the times we had two choices and took the wrong one. We bought a Betamax video! At least we didn't choose which vaccine we had so if it works out wrong we can't blame ourselves.

Doodle no we don't 'have' to go anywhere snow or not!

It is strange to feel so cold with no reason, hope it doesn't recur. Perhaps wait for the snow to go away before you start on your fitness regime grin

More snow today, so pretty, just wish I had the GC to play with and build snowmen. DH is no substitute grin. Just looked out the front of the house and it seems we are all staying in, just the tracks of one car. Expecting a supermarket delivery today, wonder if it will come.

Positives, snow is pretty to look at, house is warm, we have enough food and can keep in touch with family online.

Anniebach Sun 24-Jan-21 11:04:39

Hi all x

More snow in Mid Wales , hope it stops today or no milk delivery or Tesco delivery.

No idea when I will have the vaccination, can’t get to the vaccination centre.

Elder granddaughter just sent me a video of her walking on the beach, lovely hearing and seeing the waves.

Will spend the day stitching and watching Larkrise to Candleford.

Doodle hope you feel better today x

Joce345 Sun 24-Jan-21 19:07:22

Annie thinking of you, seen the news you have snow, sending you a big warm hug..
I think the sea is so relaxing I love water..

Doodle hope you are feeling better tonight. Think a lot have put weight on with the lock down I’m one of them.. take care..

Bluesky i will have the vaccine if it means I can see my family again I agree with Doodle, it the only way forward...

Rafichagran sorry to read about your fall hope your arm is feeling better take care...

Nonnie I agree snow looks nice, but best place is home nice and warm...

Nanny how is your DH doing hope you are both doing ok..

Scaredycat hope you are ok..

Think my little mans favourite song is edelweiss, when I sing it to him I get the biggest smile and then he goes to sleep every time ? or is it because I’m tone deaf I don’t know but it works every time...
I think edelweiss is very similar to our snowdrop Annie. I’ve still not got any in the garden I keep looking...

Hope you all have a peaceful night stay safe and warm...?

Doodle Sun 24-Jan-21 20:38:12

Nonnie no I don’t think we get a choice of vaccine. Like you say, just as well or I couldn’t choose. We will just be grateful to have one I suppose. We haven’t heard anything yet.
I’m feeling better today thank you all. No idea why I was so cold but I seem ok now.
Annie I sincerely hope they will vaccinate you at home. They should do. I bet you enjoyed the video of your DGD on the beach. I love the sea.
Joce perhaps you little man just likes to hear you singing.
No snowdrops here either but we have had snow today.
Sleep well all x

nanny2507 Sun 24-Jan-21 20:38:55

hello all my lovely friends DH is doing really well, op went well they have split his foot from top to bottom to get all the infection out. Hopefully it wont become infected or he will lose his foot. He will be in hospital for a few more weeks yet. thank you for asking, Another beautiful cuddle with binks, no thumps today grin sleep well all xx

Joce345 Sun 24-Jan-21 21:57:56

Doodle think he the only one that does ????

Nonnie Mon 25-Jan-21 09:55:34

Joce I smiled about your singing, that's me too. I used to sing Baa baa black sheep on video calls to my DG and the family all said it was terrible but he loved it. Babies don't care if it is musical they just like the voice singing to them.

Annie I haven't heard of plans to vaccinate those who can't get out, I hope they have them though. As well as lockdown we have 'snowdown' which has a knock on effect on vaccinations. Supermarket got through to us yesterday but apparently today the binmen can't.

Doodle glad you are feeling better.

Nanny good news, thanks for updating us. Are you able to visit?

We have snowdrops too. The view from my window is like a picture postcard with snow on the trees and bright sunshine. I think my prescription will have to stay at the pharmacy a bit longer.

Anniebach Mon 25-Jan-21 14:27:38

Hi all x

nonnie there are no plans which have been made public, when I receive the letter calling me for the vaccination I have
to telephone and explain I can’t attend because etc, they will
take details and I will have to wait until something is arranged.

How is everyone? has your anxiety, depression etc become enveloped by the virus or do you still have the additional causes too. I still have to overcome the agoraphobia

Joce345 Mon 25-Jan-21 14:58:55

Annie I pray that one day soon you will get out and about...

my anxiety depression has been really bad recently.. anxiety more so I really can’t cope with morning I’m very bad wish I knew how to get past this, councillor told me don’t lay there get up, I’ve tried to do that then I can’t cope with being down stairs on my own.. has anyone got any advice I would try anything..

Scaredycat Mon 25-Jan-21 17:34:23

Good afternoon all
Nonnie- I,m trying not to worry about the 12 week wait for the 2nd jab. It isn,t easy though is it as they keep going on about it and I can feel the anxiety bubbling!! But without the vaccine we,d have a much longer wait before we have some semblance of our old lives.-
Joce - yes the vaccine will hopefully mean eventually we will be with our families again- a very good incentive to have it. I wish I could give you advice for your morning feelings Joce- do you find as the day goes by you feel better?
Doodle- glad you are feeling better and have warmed up. Hope you get your vaccine soon.
Nanny- glad your DH operation went well and hope his foot heals up quickly.
Annie- I am sure that you will be able to get your vaccine at home as there are many people who can’t get out for one reason or another.
I,m not very good at explaining how I feel but since the virus my anxiety has increased greatly and the physical feelings that go with it. That’s why I love to walk but even that is fraught with fear sometimes when people are around.
I guess we just have to take one day at a time and try not to overthink everything. Take pleasure in the small things and find something everyday to be thankful for.
Wishing you all a good evening and peaceful night.x

Anniebach Mon 25-Jan-21 17:48:16

Scaredycat yes anxiety has increased so much , affecting
many who didn’t battle with anxiety before the virus so it is
certainly going to affect anxiety suffers. You are right , one day
at a time x

Joyce you have a fear of being alone ? this can be overcome x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion