Gransnet forums

Health

The secret to a good nights sleep....

(235 Posts)
Missfoodlove Sun 17-Jan-21 19:49:07

For about 10 years a good nights sleep has been a rare pleasure.
I’ve tried OTC tablets,meditation,diet and pillow sprays with varying results.
Finally I think I’ve found the solution in a tea bag!
It’s a well known organic brand that has a night time tea.
I’m sleeping like a log.....just hoping it lasts.
Has anyone else discovered this little bag of magic?

silverlining48 Tue 28-Dec-21 13:38:34

Oh I hadn’t noticed.Obviously an ongoing never ending problem.

HealthyGrannie Tue 28-Dec-21 14:01:35

My secret to a good nights sleep also includes waking refreshed. As an aromatherapist I have formulated an foolproof pillow mist which I recommend to spray behind your earlobes . It includes 5 essential oils in distilled water. Valerian and Lavender etc. and it’s ok to also drink Dr Stuart’s Valerian Sleep tea…

knspol Tue 28-Dec-21 14:49:07

I tried this tea after someone else on Gransnet recommended it several months ago and have enjoyed so much sleep ever since, a real discovery thanks to Gransnet!

ruthjean Tue 28-Dec-21 15:39:59

Must be American, do you know of a U. K. Equivalent?

Supergranuation Wed 29-Dec-21 08:25:17

Couple of paracetamol does it for me!

HealthyGrannie Fri 31-Dec-21 07:27:28

I find Dr Stuarts Valerian sleeptea in Holland & Barrett

ShazzaKanazza Sat 22-Jan-22 06:59:00

I’ve added on to this older thread just to say, my sleeping has been transformed by a weighted blanket. It’s wonderful. Finally getting eight hour nights sleeps. I should have used one years ago.

BlueSky Sat 22-Jan-22 09:22:07

I find a couple of good old paracetamol help. Not sure whether it helps relaxing you or get rid of niggling aches and pains, but it works for me.

Purplepixie Mon 24-Jan-22 00:56:21

Thank you for the tip - I will give it a go. I have never had a good sleep pattern but I am willing to try anything. Right now DH is snoring his head off and I am heading for the spare bedroom yet again. Read and wriggle!