Gransnet forums

Health

Sleep Week - post to win prizes! ?

(208 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 15-Mar-21 09:14:00

- Are you constantly exhausted from a bad night’s sleep? ?
- Find yourself waking up during the night and unable to get back to sleep?
- Do you hit a wall during the day, and resort to sugar or caffeine to keep you going?
- And let’s not mention your partner’s snoring… grin

If any of this rings a bell, then we want you to join Gransnet’s first Sleep Week!

We’re going to be drawing on the wisdom of 350,000 monthly users to talk about sleep - what causes a bad night, how to sleep better, and what to do if you find yourself wide awake in the wee hours.

Are you a hesitant poster? Or a new joiner? Love reading our threads but have never actually posted yourself? Say hello on this thread. Tell us what you like about Gransnet and join our warm and wonderful community. This is a great opportunity to join in, not least because we have a number of fabulous prizes up for grabs, just for joining in the fun!

What are the prizes, you ask? WELL <drumroll> we have an assortment of glorious goodies including:
- a luxury spa day for two,
- a limited edition dress from Bombshell worth £269,
- a This Is Silk pure silk pillowcase and eye mask,
- a Curious Rose pure wool microwave wheat bag and matching knitted bed-socks,
- and a fabulous book bundle from Quercus!

Please head to our Sleep Week page for more information, including how to win and the T&Cs.

Posting is quick and easy - but if you have any questions, head over to our handy ‘getting started’ guide. This week we will also be running tips on how to get the most out of the site - and if you can't yet tell your DIL from your SIL, here's a handy guide to Gransnet abbreviations and acronyms.

So welcome all. Don't be shy! Do post!

We’ll be posting sleep-related threads for you to take part in every day this week (although you’re very welcome to start your own too). All winners will be announced on Won Anything thread on Mon 22nd March so make sure you’re receiving our newsletter to stay in the loop.

And if you enjoy the site but haven't yet joined (it's totally free), you can do so here.

Happy posting!

GNHQ

athenacarina Sat 20-Mar-21 10:54:05

I am constantly exhausted but that's probably because I fall asleep 'just like that', and find that I have slept bolt upright for minutes, or hours on end. It's a complete nightmare for me as most of the time this is how I sleep. I barely sleep with my head on my pillow, even though if I get the feeling I need to lie down I don't always make it. I've been waiting to go to a sleep clinic for a few years now. The doc has had to remind them yet again about this, so once again, I'm still waiting to hear....

Shell3535 Sat 20-Mar-21 14:28:18

If you wake thinking about something write it down and this will help you to clear your mind for sleep

Cathy21 Sat 20-Mar-21 16:18:29

I wake up several times in the night but usually a ten minute read settles me down again. Yesterday I took delivery of Magnesium tea so will be interested to see if I have longer or better sleep.

tunde Sun 21-Mar-21 00:07:44

I sleep deeply but rarely wake refreshed. I snore and have to get up at least once to go to the toilet during the night. I sleep better with a sleep mask. Also we have two single duvets so no duvet hogging in our bedroom.

franjess2000 Wed 24-Mar-21 10:34:00

It takes me a long time to get off to sleep. My mind is usually buzzing.

Normally one of my furry hooligan - also known as cats - likes to wake me up somewhere around 3am. Perhaps to check I'm okay, more likely because they want to play and have strokes It's quite handy as I get up for a wee. Then sometimes I get back to sleep and sometimes I just doze until the alarm goes off.

watermeadow Wed 24-Mar-21 20:00:39

I have a very painful condition which is worst at night. I’ve given up going to bed as I’m more comfortable on the sofa.
Night and day merge as I sleep on and off all day and the same all night. I’m getting about 5 hours asleep in every 24.
This is only bearable because it’s not forever. When I start treatment I hope to sleep much better.

Sara1954 Wed 24-Mar-21 20:21:42

I am at the end of my tether.
I fall asleep easily, wake up between one and two, and that’s it. As the night wears on, panic sets in, as I have to be up at 5.45, and when I hear the heating come on I feel like crying.
We are very busy at work, but I find it difficult to concentrate, and make mistakes.
I’ve tried everything, pillow mist, night time tea, weighted blanket. I even bought a contraption where lights dart around the room, and you have to follow them with your eyes, didn’t work.
I feel exhausted all the time, and I constantly feel hungover, without ever having a drink.