Gransnet forums

Health

Please forgive this whinge

(91 Posts)
vampirequeen Fri 19-Mar-21 10:22:27

I had Covid at Christmas. It was horrible but I seemed to pick and get better. Except I haven't. I'm so tired all the time, get headaches, feel hot and cold for no reason, suffer from all sorts of aches and pains and have brain fog.

I spoke to my GP today. She's organising blood tests but it's a possibility that I've got long Covid or it's triggered my ME symptoms again.

I'm sorry this is just a whinge but I'm so fed up.

Calendargirl Fri 19-Mar-21 10:25:27

I bet you are!

Do hope you start to feel better soon.

flowers

henetha Fri 19-Mar-21 10:29:05

I'm really sad for you and hope you feel much better very soon. I don't blame you for feeling like a whinge, - you are certainly entitled to be fed up.
Sending a great big hug and lots of flowers... flowers

Urmstongran Fri 19-Mar-21 10:32:31

Aw it must be hard right now vq for you. It’s a new virus and medics are learning all the time. Our daughter had 9 weeks off from full time teaching before Christmas with long Covid. To be honest every now and again it scared her.

On a brighter note she went back to work full time mid December and has been fine. Wiped out some evenings but she said that might just be the job right now!

Actually upon thinking about it, she did go to her dentist last week. First check up (pandemic shut down, emergencies only) and the dentist commented on her inflamed gums....

rafichagran Fri 19-Mar-21 10:34:59

Hope you feel better soon.

Redhead56 Fri 19-Mar-21 10:37:31

A good diet should help you on the way to recovery with plenty of fresh greens and fruit. Feed yourself don’t miss meals and while the weather is picking up potter in your garden.
Hopefully you will pick soon and put this terrible time behind you.?

NellG Fri 19-Mar-21 10:42:56

Everyone is entitled to a whinge when they feel rubbish, especially a the moment. Take it easy, be kind to yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 19-Mar-21 10:43:05

That is really hard, and difficult to feel positive when you are tired all the time.

I was listening to a doctor saying that although it takes time -sometimes months, most people do recover from long covid.

I guess you will need to give your body every assistance in its recovery, so no pushing yourself, gently does it lots of delicious and healthy food and sleep. The better weather should help you get some gentle exercise.

Look forward to reading of your gradual recovery.

Septimia Fri 19-Mar-21 10:44:46

Nothing wrong with a whinge when you're feeling rough and fed up.

Take care of yourself and I hope you start to feel better soon.

AGAA4 Fri 19-Mar-21 10:54:57

I hope you feel better soon. It is fine to have a whinge when you aren't well. Helps to get support

M0nica Fri 19-Mar-21 11:57:40

VQ In your circumstances you completely entitled to whinge. What has happened to you is everyone's worst nightmare.

Perhaps, you could buy yourself a bunch of daffodils to cheer yourself up slightly. They are a harbinger of spring and splash of yellow in the house can lift the spirits. Meanwhile flowers

sodapop Fri 19-Mar-21 12:32:31

Whinge away vampirequeen you are entitled, things which drag on like this are very wearing. Hope your Dr can help. thanks

vampirequeen Fri 19-Mar-21 14:32:49

I've just had a Morrisons delivery and found that the last order edit I did last night didn't go through. I must have forgotten to check out again. I know it's not a massive thing and we can go to the supermarket anytime but it's made me cry. I feel so stupid.

BigBertha1 Fri 19-Mar-21 14:42:20

Vampirequeen I am sorry. you must be feeling rotten and that hasn't helped has it. Can you get the things you need that have been left off the list some other way. I think you have right to whinge except its not whingeing its justifiable. I hope you will be feeling better soon. Its the first day of Spring tomorrow - lets all hope for a shot in the arm from some good weather soon. flowers

dragonfly46 Fri 19-Mar-21 14:47:21

So sorry VQ but all viruses have after effects and this one seems to be 10 times worse.
Just take things a day at a time and one day you will suddenly feel better I am sure.
I still feel like this some days after finishing chemo last February but I cherish the days I feel well.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 19-Mar-21 15:06:15

vampirequeen

I've just had a Morrisons delivery and found that the last order edit I did last night didn't go through. I must have forgotten to check out again. I know it's not a massive thing and we can go to the supermarket anytime but it's made me cry. I feel so stupid.

That’s weakness, it affects your emotions as well. Look at people like - god senior moment -can’t remember his name - children’s author Bear Hunt man. He has been very emotional, especially when talking about his stay in hospital ad the kindness of the clinicians.

Every day is a day forward.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 19-Mar-21 15:12:16

Just as an aside, I suffered post viral exhaustion in my 40s and the doctor gave me unlimited sick leave saying that one day I will wake up and feel as if my candle is alight once again and after 3 months that is exactly what happened. I used to see the doctor every week and report, feeling nothing was improving then one day I was feeling better. It was wonderful.

Don’t feel too despondent time will be the healer.

Callistemon Fri 19-Mar-21 15:15:13

Often we can be left with post-viral fatigue and this appears to be worse than usual for some people.

As well as good food, rest and fresh air, I wonder if a few months' course of vitamins might help, Vitamins D, C with zinc and the mineral magnesium have been mentioned as being beneficial. We may all be lacking Vitamin D as we get none from the sun in the winter months.

Sometimes it's the little things which are the final straw.
[tchdaffodil]

Grannybags Fri 19-Mar-21 15:15:31

Michael Rosen Whitewavemark

flowers for you vampirequeen

Callistemon Fri 19-Mar-21 15:16:47

I tried to send you a daffodil! Here are a few more.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 19-Mar-21 15:19:14

Grannybags

Michael Rosen Whitewavemark

flowers for you vampirequeen

Cheers? I hate getting older!

suziewoozie Fri 19-Mar-21 15:26:22

The one good thing is that long covid is being recognised and some money put into it. Do you know if there is a special long covid clinic in your area? And as everyone else has said, it’s not whinging, good luck with getting the help you need.

sharon103 Fri 19-Mar-21 15:29:52

Sending a big hug.
Hope you soon feel better. xxx

midgey Fri 19-Mar-21 15:45:48

Oh Vq you do sound totally fed up. I do hope Dr Sun will appear soon and help with your recovery, dreary days make every thing worse. Hope you feel better soon. flowers

geeljay Fri 19-Mar-21 15:49:38

You hate getting older. When I said that to my gp, he remarked "you will like the alternative even less!