Gransnet forums

Health

It is what it is....My new mantra!

(37 Posts)
merlotgran Sat 29-May-21 12:14:59

Taken over from, 'This too shall pass.' I do love a good mantra grin

As some of you may already know (from the Sunday, Bloody Sunday thread,) I have recently been admitted to hospital with what I thought was a chest infection but turned out to be heart failure caused by a moderate/severe leaky valve. Not having needed the services of a GP for ten years it came as a bit of a surprise!!

With a heart rate of 136 bpm for over a week which refused to respond to medication I was told I needed a cardioversion procedure to get it back to normal.

Anyone hearing their heart treatment containing the words electric and shock can be forgiven a few tears but mine were caused by my phone pinging at that moment telling me my house sale had just fallen through!!

However.....I had nothing to fear, my heart rate is back to normal, I'm now back home with DD spoiling me rotten and there's another viewing booked for next Tuesday.

Ho Hum!

Thanks to those who posted kind messages of support and pms. They were very much appreciated.

ElaineI Sat 29-May-21 18:59:56

Sorry to hear this Merlot but glad you are back home and have another viewing. Must have been scary.

Puzzler61 Sat 29-May-21 19:24:40

Glad you’re being pampered now merlotgran. Get your stamina back and hopefully the house will sell again in no time.
A scary episode but good that you’re the other side of it ?

Grandmabatty Sat 29-May-21 20:16:04

I'm sorry to hear that you have been unwell Merlotgran and that your house sale fell through. I like your mantra. All the best

Luckygirl Sat 29-May-21 21:30:33

I didn't know you had been ill - but so glad that you are home being nursed back to health. flowers

Jaxjacky Sat 29-May-21 22:12:24

merlot had totally missed this very scary episode for you, phew, you must be so relieved. I’m hoping this will now be controlled, you can enjoy be pampered and normal life resumed as soon as. I admire your fortitude ?

Scribbles Sat 29-May-21 22:48:19

So pleased to read that all went well and you're safely home again, Merlot. Onward and upward!

merlotgran Sat 29-May-21 22:56:22

Thanks, everyone. I feel heaps better tonight having lazed on a sun lounger all afternoon.

Honestly, I could get used to this! grin

Hope everyone has a really enjoyable bank holiday with plenty of sunshine

Ro60 Sun 30-May-21 01:28:53

Oh Merlotgran! - been reading the wrong threads ? What a to-do!

Glad you're home & especially with your daughtet. W

Good luck with everything ?

My mantra is: We're not there yet'

Alima Sun 30-May-21 05:30:19

So sorry to hear you have been in the wars Merlot, hope things soon improve and your house sale goes smoothly. Have a restful weekend with your daughter.
(Cannot cope with your new mantra, reminds me too much of a supper jolly line manager I used to have, too much of her and her sayings was enough to raise the blood pressure!)

timetogo2016 Mon 07-Jun-21 11:39:31

Pleased your on the mend Merlotgran.
I and dh also have the same mantra,i think we use it everyday too.
Or in dh`s case it`s , "it is wha it is ,ther ay nufink ya can do bout it ", iv`e stopped correcting him,pulling hens teeth would be easier.

Sparklefizz Mon 07-Jun-21 11:54:09

I didn't know you'd been ill, Merlotgran, and do hope you soon feel better. flowers Also that you soon have good news re your house sale.