Gransnet forums

Health

Just a little bit of praise for NHS

(30 Posts)
nadateturbe Thu 08-Jul-21 22:13:32

Its not a discussion but I couldn't find a thread to add it too.
I rang the surgery just over 2 weeks ago - had tiny lump. Doctor saw me that afternoon. Appointment at Breast clinic within 2 weeks. Got a letter 3 days after this appointment for review 1st August. I think that is great patient care and I just wanted to share it.

nadateturbe Sat 10-Jul-21 10:52:22

That was good Nanawind. Glad you are ok.
I too have had consultants ringing. I couldnt thank them enough.
I'm sorry everyone isn't getting the same great service that many of us have had.

Thanks for all your comments ladies.

Alegrias1 Sat 10-Jul-21 11:08:14

My examples aren't nearly as significant as some others here, but I have been so happy with both of them

I had an eye infection which wasn't a huge deal but a bit worrying. I called NHS 24 at about 10:30am and was seen by a doctor at 2:30pm in a local hospital, issued with antibiotics and came home very reassured.

DH had a rash, something he never has, it took about 3 hours between calling NHS 24 to getting a face-to-face appointment where it was diagnosed as shingles shock. He's fine now.

I hope everybody on this thread (well, everybody, really!) has good outcomes flowers

nadateturbe Sat 10-Jul-21 22:23:10

Both examples very reassuring Alegrias1

Candelle Sun 11-Jul-21 21:44:59

On Friday morning I completed the pro forma necessary at the moment to contact a doctor and emailed it to my surgery.

Less than five minutes later my GP rang and within another five had managed to (correctly!) diagnose my problem and whizzed prescriptions off to my pharmacy for my collection. Absolute outstanding service

Perhaps some of you may like to add your pen'worth to the thread
'Getting through to a doctor' where posters take delight it whipping doctors, surgeries and the NHS in general.

They don't realise the wonderful resource that we have and if the general public keep up that type of momentum, it us very possible that we won't have our NHS but a privately funded insurance-based system instead. That really would give them something to complain about!