Gransnet forums

Health

Colonoscopy Appt via Phone Call

(38 Posts)
Bea65 Thu 30-Jun-22 13:58:41

Late yesterday received phone call from local hospital which am relieved about as, this urgent 2 wk referral has taken 8 weeks+ my dilemma is, as having sedation and need someone to collect me and stay overnight...i responded that yes, had someone ..now my daughter has a corporate event to attend re work and feel I've pressurised her into saying she will come home and meet me after the procedure and stay over..
How would single people with no near relatives or good friends answer to the nurse "Do you have someone to stay with you?" Have been totally wound up about this all last night..you can't even tell a fib as They the Nursing Team telephone the person you are saying are going to collect you and stay with you...But what if you say No..will they carry out the procedure or not...this is only for people who are having sedation and after the last colonoscopy 12 yrs ago had just a valium and Oh dear if was the worst experience as they discovered had diverticuli throughout colon and can't remove all the colon so because had bad experience, the Nurse who called me recommended I had the sedation...

Bea65 Wed 06-Jul-22 11:30:55

Feel like i have a Hangover today...

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jul-22 11:34:42

Did you actually go to sleep during the procedure, Bea?
I had a gastroscopy with sedation, and I didn't feel the least bit sedate!
I needed more!

Bea65 Wed 06-Jul-22 11:42:18

MissAdventure no wasn't asleep, relaxed but did have to give me another shot of Fentanyl when the scope got blocked and changed to smaller one..I felt great yesterday ..did 2 loads of washing and daughter kept telling me to sit down..now today have headache and no energy..

ExDancer Wed 06-Jul-22 11:44:20

Oh me too, me too MissA. It was a brutal experience which I do not wish to repeat. They said the little pill they gave me was a sedative - they lied, I've never felt so awake!
I'll have to be dying before I submit to another.

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jul-22 11:54:01

grin
A woman after my own heart, Exdancer.
I kept saying "excuse me, I'm not sure this sedative is working... helloo, hellooo! I'm wide awake here!'

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jul-22 11:56:35

You need to just rest and spoil yourself, Bea.
I think we forget that procedures are so invasive and intrusive, and expect to bounce back.
Lots of sitting down for you today. cupcake

Bea65 Wed 06-Jul-22 12:49:39

MissAdventure haven't got any cake but Thank You ..and yes i had the little pill years ago and was nearly shouting stop..it was soo painful...
Now just have to remain calm for the results of the biopsies

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jul-22 12:54:53

How long will it be before you get the results, do you know?
Presumably quickly, if there is a concern?

Bea65 Wed 06-Jul-22 14:21:39

They said 2-4 weeks..

crazyH Wed 06-Jul-22 14:29:20

Bea65 - glad that’s over and I hope the results will not be too concerning - good luck !

MissAdventure Wed 06-Jul-22 14:30:27

My fingers will be crossed for you, Bea.
It's a while to wait, for sure.

Bea65 Wed 06-Jul-22 14:30:31

THANK you crazyH