Gransnet forums

Health

vaccinations = one in each arm

(58 Posts)
Franbern Sun 25-Sep-22 08:59:51

Seems that this year many people are being offered both the annual 'flu jab and the upgraded covid booster at the same time, one in each arm.

Had mine yesterday = amongst many more over-80's at our GP surgery.

So, today the arm with the covid one is slightly sore and achy, other arm is fine. I feel fine in myself.. Was advised hat this Moderna shot has been upgraded to cover the new variants.

One of my daughters tells me that covid is flying around the newly returned schools, so feel pleased that I am covered.

There people there who were opting only to have their 'flu jab, and some opting only for the covid one. Glad I had both.

Anyone else on GN who have had this double shot?

Yammy Wed 28-Sep-22 09:01:32

Franbern

So, 48 hours later - covid jab arm, a little sore around injection site, and slightly heavy feeling. Yesterday, I could not properly pull myself together, just kept falling asleep, = had great night sleep last night and absolutely back to normal now. I know, that neither are really fully effective for about another fortnight. I do wonder at those that refuse these vaccinations.

My friend told me yesterday she had had the same side effects as you 'Spaced out"'was how she described it, and a bit sore around the site. We are a week on Saturday so probably will not need much wine that weekend!smile

Elusivebutterfly Wed 28-Sep-22 09:03:49

I had my covid vaccination yesterday and have a painful, heavy arm today and it hurt to sleep on that side. Flu jabs have not been offered yet in this area but I would not have them both at once anyway. The possibility of both arms being out of action and not being able to sleep on my side puts me off this idea.

They have also closed my local vaccine centre so had to travel some distance to a centre in a different borough. Other options were pharmacies two buses away. They are not making it as easy as it was to get vaccinated.

karmalady Thu 29-Sep-22 11:31:47

I had flu jab in my r arm yesterday, I could not have slept on that side. It has subsided today. My covid jab will be in l arm in two weeks, meantime my body will have a good time to adapt to working with and absorbing, the flu vaccine

Oldbat1 Thu 29-Sep-22 11:34:44

Had Moderna Covid booster in one arm and was offered flu which I had in the other. This was one hour ago.

SparklyGrandma Thu 29-Sep-22 11:40:20

I had one in each arm in the winter of 2020. Best to get it over with I thought.

Franbern Thu 29-Sep-22 16:37:32

Our bodies can easily cope with more than one vaccine at the time. Think how babies (much smaller than us), have multiple vaccines together.

TBH I am much happier getting it all over and done with in one go, rather than spreading it out. I just had one day in which I was out of action -

aonk Thu 29-Sep-22 16:52:49

The jabs are not given together in my area. The covid booster is given at a local sports centre and patients from all surgeries go there. I had mine 10 days ago but my arm is still sore when touched. I go to the church hall (hired by our very cramped surgery) for the flu jab next week. I wouldn’t have both together even if it was available.