EllieAnne You don't sound feeble at all, but very depressed and lonely. There isn't an easy solution, but antidepressants could help with the MH side of things (a lot of us here are on them). It's more of a challenge to get out and meet people or join groups as we get a bit older (I've found that myself), but after that initial first time, it can lead to new friendships. The underlying problem, though, is your unhappy home life, and nobody else can help you with that.
SweetpeaSue I hadn't realised you hadn't worked since you were 18. I lack confidence, too, since I stopped working (after the stroke). The day centre place I go to has all older people apart from 1 my age, but the workers are my age and younger. I want to change my life a bit and join things (where to start?). What would you like to be able to do?
Wyllow3 It's hard to koko when feeling very low. Perhaps just try to get through 1 thing at a time, day by day. Today, hair wash, for example, then another day, a nice bubble bath, or wear a bright colour. Little things.
It's meant to be the hot air balloon ride this afternoon (we've been waiting for over 2 years, it kept being cancelled due to rain/wind/fog/wet ground). We'll see, I've got to ring at 1pm to find out if it's happening. Love to ALL BDers x