Gransnet forums

Health

What age did you reach your current height?

(61 Posts)
CrazyUSA Mon 20-Jul-26 11:50:04

I would I have been this height since I was 16/17.

Oreo Tue 21-Jul-26 15:17:39

AuntieE

It used to be said that women do not grow more than half-an-inch after their menarche.

So, I was my present height at 13.

That fits with my height peaking at 5ft 7” when I was 14, but I think I have lost a good inch now.

Grandma70s Tue 21-Jul-26 15:35:40

I was always tall, but have no idea when I reached my adult height of 5’9”. Everyone in my family is tall, and there were many tall girls at my school, so I have never felt particularly self-conscious or conspicuous.

My sons are 6’2” and 6’4”, my brother is 6’4” - or was. He is 90 now and has shrunk, as have I. My mother was 5’8”. I have a nephew of 6’ 7”, who has a 9-year-old daughter who looks as if she is going to be tall, too.

butterandjam Tue 21-Jul-26 18:02:54

when I was 26. I grew an inch and a half taller, and a whole shoe size, during my first pregnancy at age 26

MiniMoon Tue 21-Jul-26 18:35:32

I was 5' 4" when I was 14. Never grew any taller. I'm 5' 2" now.

Overthemoongran Tue 21-Jul-26 18:50:54

Similarly to others I reached the grand height of 5’3” at the age of 13 and was one of the tallest in my class (all girls), but I never grew another inch and everyone else overtook me. I’m quite proud of the fact that I’m still 5’3”” at the age of 73.

butterandjam Tue 21-Jul-26 19:25:07

Greenfinch

I don’t know how anyone would know the answer to this question unless they kept measuring themselves. I’m sure I haven’t a clue myself.

Every house we've ever lived in, had a doorway with multiple lines showing the growth of children. Never to be painted over.

The current family measuring door ( kitchen ) also shows all the adult heights because the giant teenage grandkids say we're old enough to start shrinking. I've lost a centimetre.

Astitchintime Tue 21-Jul-26 19:30:54

Why do you ask CrazyUSA? For goodness sake, you’ll be asking for shoe size next!!!

LucyAnna5 Tue 21-Jul-26 19:32:56

Astitchintime

Why do you ask CrazyUSA? For goodness sake, you’ll be asking for shoe size next!!!

I agree! What does one’s brain do with this random information?!

LOUISA1523 Wed 22-Jul-26 01:49:13

I was 5ft 6in at age 11.....I'm the same height now at 61

Mojack26 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:36:17

5'4" Around 16/17

hamster58 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:48:30

I don’t know the answer to the question, but I’m more baffled why some people seem to take exception to it. Surely we’re just chatting and the original person is just curious? It’s not an intensely personal question and no big deal to answer if we know and want to join in?…..

Lupatria Wed 22-Jul-26 13:49:51

when i was 11 i was as wide as i was tall but a year later I was the tallest in my class. not sure when I attained my 5'10" (my sister was 6'0" and my brother 6'4") but i was in my late 60s when I found I'd lost over an inch
i've no idea how tall I am now as they measure in centimetres and i need my conversion app on my phone to work it out! same with my weight.

Nannan2 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:51:35

WTH???

LucyAnna5 Wed 22-Jul-26 13:52:21

I’m not taking exception to the question - I’m just curious as to why someone should be interested in the answers! So why am I on the thread?! It’s really hot here and I’m stuck indoors……

missdeke Wed 22-Jul-26 13:58:00

I was 5 ft 5 and a half at 16, I'm now 5 ft 3 inches, I've had 2 hip replacements and I've got shorter each time.

Siptree Wed 22-Jul-26 14:01:50

I remember because we were measured at school and at 14 it was quite remarked on often that I was very tall. When we were measured I was 5'10"& 1/2" I am still the same.

Grandmotherto8 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:13:03

5'7" by about 17, since my 60's I've been shrinking, currently 5'4". I don't like it!

Alison333 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:31:47

At the age of 11, I was the tallest girl in my primary school. 5ft 6ins and that's where I stayed until recently when I think I'm starting to shrink!

cookiemonster66 Wed 22-Jul-26 14:53:45

I have always been 5ft 8" since my teens, am 60 now BUT a couple of years ago I lost 3 inches in the space of a couple of yrs, I did have a dexa scan, but also have had 2 x knee replacements, so somewhere I have lost 3 inches, annoyed because it has affected my BMI and all my maxi dresses are too long now

JenniRen Wed 22-Jul-26 15:02:33

About 80.

I used to be taller.

Polly4t42 Wed 22-Jul-26 15:07:23

I reached 5foot 6 inches at 12 yrs old and stayed that way until today I’m now 72 yrs. luckily the boys eventually caught up and passed me.

Olderthanidlike Wed 22-Jul-26 15:11:22

12. Started my periods at 11 .

ExaltedWombat Wed 22-Jul-26 16:34:11

First or second time round?

Lemonred Wed 22-Jul-26 17:14:02

At 14, I’m 5’8”, or I was lol.
More like 5’7” now. I was a tall child, towered over my friends. Lots of pictures of me head an shoulders above everyone else. My friends were riding ponies, and I was riding hunters. I looked ridiculous on ponies, my Father said I could model for Thelwell. 😁

Retroladytyping Wed 22-Jul-26 17:54:04

Luckygirl3

I reached my max height at about 11 and towered over my peers. They gradually caught up. I am now losing height.

Me too - 5ft 6ins with size 7 feet. My mum was worried I was going to keep growing but I just seemed to stop! Now I'm an inch shorter but with size 8 feet.