Gransnet forums

House and home

Grey paint suggestions

(78 Posts)
petitpois Thu 21-Jan-16 10:53:38

Synonymous - we already have a pale green living room... wink It is my favourite colour. Suspect even if the bedroom walls are grey I'm going to go with green accents on cushions etc.
Thanks for the advice - will have to look out for a Dulux centre...?! We've only got a Homebase and a Wickes that I know of nearby but I like the idea of having more choice.

Synonymous Thu 21-Jan-16 10:48:58

petitions your name makes me want to be mischievous and suggest a lovely pale green! grin

However .......

When we moved recently we went into the local Dulux centre where they have the widest range of paint colours I have ever seen and yet they still have a service whereby they will make up a paint especially for you. You can start with a small quantity to try and if you want it lighter or darker they will keep trying with you. The staff were very obliging and nothing was too much trouble.
If you make up a mood board or failing that take in things from your home with which you want the paint to tone then that is a real help to all.

Most of all have fun and enjoy! smile

petitpois Thu 21-Jan-16 09:55:51

I am looking to update our bedroom walls. When we moved in they were magnolia and we've never got round to repainting. Any suggestions for paints to try? Thinking a pale grey?