Slightly off piste I know but, talking of volume, is anyone else driven mad by the change of volume on the radio? I'm an insomniac and often have the radio on (quietly) during the night-DH being deaf so hears v little when his hearing aids are out BUT the change in the volume between items drives me mad. And then there are the loud Big Ben chimes, why do we need that at midnight for goodness sake? And then, suddenly, when we go from Radio 4 to World Service do we suddenly have the national anthem (Don't get me started on that!). If I keep it too low i can barely hear the progs but if it's turned up a tiny bit, the in between items blare out and if perchance I've just nodded off it wakes me up! Grrr!
Gransnet forums
House and home
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
