Gransnet forums

House and home

Watch your step in the snow.

(80 Posts)
Liz08 Tue 27-Feb-18 14:34:21

I heard that paramedics summoned to help 'ladies of a certain age' when they have fallen in the snow use the call sign "Nan Down" ......... smile

jimmyRFU Sat 03-Mar-18 11:45:25

Doesnt help why you are walking along a dropped kerb. I gracefully went yesterday. More like gently kneeling down. Hubby just stood there. I got my revenge for being seen by having a go at a neighbour who was giving the V sign to two ladies who were walking their dogs, one went on his grass. They were impressed with my having a go at him.

Oopsadaisy12 Sat 03-Mar-18 12:15:52

Bonnieblooming, we removed our decking for that reason! Horrid and dangerous, back to lovely shingle, I can now get outside during the winter without going flying.

Tegan2 Sat 03-Mar-18 13:38:23

Have been so careful but went to DS's yesterday; they're having an extension built and the builder had put the old garage door across the dug out footings. Of course, I stepped out onto it and nearly went flying into the ditch! Thankfully, just managed to stay upright.

seacliff Sat 03-Mar-18 14:44:09

We got out today for the first time since Tuesday, wonderful !!! Just went to the farm shop for a snack and coffee, and a few veg and eggs and milk. The main roads are fine. The 2 miles from ours are quite thick snow still. The worst part is a narrow steep hill, ok in second gear but I dread meeting someone coming other way.

I have ordered my Yaktrax so we will probably have a heat wave now smile

I hope it stays a bit warmer and the horrid stuff melts away. Roll on Spring.