Gransnet forums

House and home

New mixer and food processor

(11 Posts)
grannysyb Thu 02-May-19 16:33:37

I have a Kenwood chef and a Magimix and use both regularly. The best extra thing you can buy for the chef is the colendar and sieve, which makes sieving blackcurrants or gooseberries a doddle!

kathyd Thu 02-May-19 14:55:20

I bought a new Kenwood Chef, having had my old one for more years than I care to remember. I researched those and KitchenAid but the Chef came out ahead from all sources. Also I'm not swayed by fashion or the Jones's.
My Kenwood has a timer and various add on appliances to replace other separate ones - e.g. processor, blender, grater, etc., etc. I am extremely happy with it and highly recommend it. .

Laurely Thu 02-May-19 13:19:00

Had to Google that as well. Sheltered life, obviously. grinHowever, thinking of all the money I've saved over the years by not upgrading my appliances, I have just bought microwaveable jacket potatoes and a jar of onion gravy!

Gonegirl Mon 29-Apr-19 13:48:59

Yes, I think it sounds great but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to work it. Might will stick to Charlie Bighams. Excellent cook.

annsixty Mon 29-Apr-19 13:19:59

I also googled and cost aside I would need a degree in something ending in an "ology" to be able to use it.

Beechnut Mon 29-Apr-19 13:05:31

You’ve seen the cost Laurely ??

Laurely Mon 29-Apr-19 12:35:32

Eeek!

Laurely Mon 29-Apr-19 12:34:22

I feel Googling coming on! I have never heard of Thermomix... Thank you.

Missfoodlove Mon 29-Apr-19 12:10:42

I’d love a thermomix, I just can’t justify it though.
They really are outstanding.

Fishpieplease Mon 29-Apr-19 11:13:23

I can thoroughly recommend a Thermomix....it’s eye wateringly expensive,BUT it can replace all other mixers,choppers,steamers,bread maker etc,all in one. I’m not a gadget person,but have been so pleased with it. I’m not sure why they aren’t more popular in this country,as in many places they are given as wedding presents. They’re designed to last a lifetime,and they do.

Laurely Mon 29-Apr-19 09:01:15

I have a very old (30+) Braun food processor and a similar vintage yellow Kenwood Chefette mixer with a puny liquidiser. Both are noisy and need replacing. I bake and use the mixer for that, though I rub in flour and fat for scones and pastry with the processor, as well as using it for blending soups. These appliances are storef in a cupboard below a worktop and the food processor now feels heavy to me. Does anyone have suggestions for machines to replace them? Preferably just the one.