Gransnet forums

House and home

Electric shower

(8 Posts)
Grammaretto Wed 01-May-19 09:50:32

I get terrified of the shower at DD's. It runs off the hot water tank but can suddenly go cold. You've just soaped yourself and wet your hair and then its freezing.
Our Mira electric one is fine. It's not a powerful flow but good enough.

craftyone Wed 01-May-19 07:18:15

my first time electric shower in my new house and I love it, mira, consistent heat at the temperature and flow that I want. It looks modern and sleek. Just balancing the post anti electric showers

JonathanMetcalf Wed 01-May-19 07:06:16

I don't know much about an electric shower. As I hear it for the very first time. I think you need both.

Anja Wed 01-May-19 07:00:49

I’d never have an electric shower ever again. Never had one that delivers the heat and power I like from a shower.

Had both mine replaced by ones that run off the cenntral hearing boiler. Much stronger, easier to get a good constant temperature. Nicer looking fittings, shower heads etc. No box.

Plumber for these.

Grammaretto Wed 01-May-19 06:40:22

Both, and a joiner in our case, but the plumber has his own team. Make sure to get 2 or 3 quotes.

Eleanor21 Wed 01-May-19 06:32:29

When I had my shower replaced my plumber supplied and fitted it. I know what you mean though, it seems a cross over of trades.

GillS Wed 01-May-19 05:49:10

I had a local plumber replace my old electric shower. After finding out what I wanted, he sourced the shower at trade rates and fixed the new one, no fuss involved!

seasider Wed 01-May-19 00:13:37

This may be a silly question but if I want my electric shower replacing do I need a plumber or an electrician?