Hello friends, well I've just had a very lengthy email detailing the information the buyer was given from his mortgage lender about the survey/damp survey on the house. The damp report appears to have been a complete waste of my £300 as they are dismissing the recommendations made.
They have advised the buyer to withdraw from the sale.
They would grant him the mortgage if I pay and carry out the following repairs -
Roof repairs, comprising of:
Repair or renew of defective roof timbers (£5,000).
Withdrawal and replacement of roof coverings (£16,500)
Chimney repairs (£3,000)
Total: £24,500.
Floor repairs:
Repair or renew floor timbers (£15,000)
Damp proofing of the ground floor:
Install an effective damp proof course or tank as necessary (£10,000)
Alternatively they'll lend him the money if I deduct this £49,500 from his offer price of £335K ie £285K.
To add insult to injury, I've just had the invoice for moving to the rental cottage.
I'm feeling very upset.
Good Morning Wednesday 7th October 2026
Write a word that begins with the first letter of the user above you
Among all the scientific subjects, chemistry is the worst

