Gransnet forums

House and home

how do you store bags? I don`t have an excess

(94 Posts)
craftyone Mon 03-Aug-20 09:04:02

I have around 9-10 bags, some shopping as in kipling or radley and a few shoulder/cross body bags. Not a lot really but I would like to store them so as to remember what I have, rather than grabbing the same bag when I go out.

I don`t want them under the bed, not any more. Anyone have any good ideas?

Harris27 Tue 04-Aug-20 19:14:58

I love my bags mostly radley as I love them. I’ve got them for presents birthday Christmas etc so I do look after them And they are on shelves and in their dust bags I put them by season top for whatever season it is and change them over as and when. But if a fanatic ha ha.

Blinko Tue 04-Aug-20 19:24:43

I'm obviously behind the curve here. I can't recall ever buying a bag with its own dust cover. I can't seem to throw them out either. They're all going back years and are chucked at the back of the wardrobe.

They get looked over (but not thrown out) whenever I have a clear out.

I dare not change bags over as I find the very thing I really need is back at home in the wrong bag.

I'm in awe of those who line them up in order of size and/or colour, ready at a moment's notice.

I can see I need to get more organized.

DanniRae Wed 05-Aug-20 07:34:09

I just googled Radley bags because I had no idea why they were so popular and please note Radley fans there is a 60% off sale now on!!
Still a bit too dear for me though! shock

lemongrove Wed 05-Aug-20 08:25:47

Only expensive bags come with their own cover.
I don’t have any as am too ‘tight’ to pay that sort of moolah for a bag.I have lots of bags, bought online but all under £25.
I like the colourful Italian suede bags and have lots, they wear well.

Greyduster Wed 05-Aug-20 08:40:50

I only own four; three are kept in the bottom of the wardrobe (including a Radley in its dust bag that was a present from my DD; the little blue doggie hardly ever gets a walk these days!) and the battered, cheapie, capacious old friend I use most is on a chair in the dining room!

Hetty58 Wed 05-Aug-20 09:00:37

Shopping bags live in the shoe cupboard. When I used handbags, at work (I don't, these days) they were on hooks inside the wardrobe doors. Now, I just put the few things I need in my pockets.

pollyperkins Wed 05-Aug-20 09:12:43

I agree- Im in awe! Mine are just bunged in a box at the bottom of the wardrobe, all jumbled together. Shopping bags hanging on hooks in the utility room. Some hardly ever used.

pollyperkins Wed 05-Aug-20 09:13:26

That was toblinko

Callistemon Wed 05-Aug-20 10:11:28

I stored a lot in the charity shop!!

Now I need to go through them and de-clutter again.
Surely we don't need more than about six?
If I change handbags for any reason I always forget to take something out with me.

I do seem to have a lot of cloth shopping bags, all stored in one hanging in a cupboard.

Callistemon Wed 05-Aug-20 10:12:14

DanniRae

I just googled Radley bags because I had no idea why they were so popular and please note Radley fans there is a 60% off sale now on!!
Still a bit too dear for me though! shock

I wish I hadn't read that!

I only have one which a friend gave me.

DanniRae Wed 05-Aug-20 11:02:10

Sorry! Callistemon blush

Callistemon Wed 05-Aug-20 15:06:07

It's ok *DannieRae

I Do Not Need Any More Bags

grin

Jaxjacky Wed 05-Aug-20 16:06:20

I only have one handbag, (plus a new one my husband bought me for Christmas three years ago, unused!) if I go shopping, which I hate, I grab a carrier bag. Wouldn’t know a Radley if it bit me...I am obviously a) unique or b) missing something.

GeorgyGirl Wed 05-Aug-20 22:30:19

Always in their dust bags on shelves in my wardrobe.

pollyperkins Thu 06-Aug-20 14:02:56

Ive never heard of Radley bags until I read this thread!

Blinko Thu 06-Aug-20 16:02:08

I've heard of Radley (and various other posh) bags courtesy of DiLs. I don't have any though. I do own a couple of Kipling bags.. to my mind they're fairly expensive though they don't have their own covers.

Callistemon Thu 06-Aug-20 16:21:55

I'm getting adverts for Radley bags on here now grin

I do like mine but wish it had a shoulder strap.

Tiwi Mon 10-Aug-20 04:52:43

Oh, organization of all the mess around me is my head ache. At first I try to keep everything on places, but after some time it is everywhere, but not in the place where it has to be.