In a car park, you usually have to reverse in or out. The choice is up to you and people get knocked over, injured, or, in this case, killed by reversing cars, but I do think many people walking to and from their cars, with or without full trolleys also act in a way that threatens their own safety.
I am sure I am not the only one who has positioned themselves to reverse, only to have someone walking slowly down the car park suddenly speed up and nip behind me just as I start moving backwards, because they are afraid that if they do not they might have to wait as much as 30 seconds, while I complete the operation.
There seems, generally, a tendency to always blame the driver, never the pedestrian or cyclist, despite those same pedestrians and cyclists being just as capable of taking risks, making stupid decisions and taking dangerous actions.