Gransnet forums

House and home

I’m worn out and I really don’t think I’m not cut out to be a doting grandparent.

(102 Posts)
Tezhar Tue 17-May-22 14:23:37

Hi, I don’t think I’m like other grandparents. I can’t think of anything worse than being called on constantly to babysit. Now and then would be ok. But day in and day out would actually stress me out.

I have five children. One grandchild so far. And he’s adorable and shears out a smile on my face. I had my first child very young and have devoted my life to my kids. In fact I feel like I’m something to everyone. And nothing to myself. I’m 52. My youngest two children are both at uni. And I’m ready to put distance between myself and my growing family. I’m worn out and I really don’t think I’m cut out to be a doting grandparent. Just the kind that has quality time on occasions. Is this unusual? Am I weird? Cold hearted? Or is this more common than I think?

NervousNana Wed 13-Jul-22 16:54:49

I am so glad to have found this group. I really thought I was the only one who felt this way. I was no prize raising my one children and am trying to be a good grandmother. I am finding it stressful!