Gransnet forums

House and home

Bamboo sheets

(31 Posts)
Aveline Thu 04-Aug-22 09:09:16

First night with my new bamboo duvet cover and sheet. Well what a success. They are, as promised, lovely and cool and so soft. I feel like I'm advertising them but I'm just so pleased with them.
I know it's more usual to complain but I'd like to praise for a change.

Aveline Wed 24-Jan-24 07:43:24

I still love my bamboo sheets. Yes they were cool in summer when I needed them to be but, equally, now when it's colder they're cosy and so amazingly soft. I'd say they take a bit longer to dry and are very heavy when wet but I'll only be buying bamboo bedlinen in future.

argymargy Wed 24-Jan-24 07:54:14

I have various bits of bamboo clothing, including socks, t-shirts and a gorgeous dress. As karmalady says, they all take about twice as long to dry as cotton. But very hard wearing and comfortable.

toscalily Wed 24-Jan-24 10:43:14

Aveline Thank you for the update, good to know you are still pleased with your bedlinen. I have some old linen sheets that belonged to my mother it is amazing how well they last after so many washes over so many years. I have never bought any clothes made with bamboo, do they crease easily like linen does?

henetha Wed 24-Jan-24 10:49:13

And my bamboo socks and hand towels are still going strong.

Daddima Wed 24-Jan-24 11:28:36

Daddima

Oh, please don’t! My weakness is bed linen, and I’ve just given some away. I did like what I read about them, but managed to resist the temptation.

As Juliet27 pointed out, this thread is 18 months old. My resistance to the temptation didn’t last, and I did buy some bed linen shortly afterwards! The sheets are very soft and comfortable, my only complaint being that they are not as white as my cotton duvet covers.