Gransnet forums

House and home

I hate my hoover!

(55 Posts)
Aveline Sat 04-Mar-23 11:06:39

I'm in the middle of a mega hoovering operation prior to moth prevention sprays and tools. Boy oh boy I hate my Dyson ball vacuum cleaner. It's so heavy and unwieldy. Is there any practical alternative vacuum cleaner for a carpeted flat with two long haired cats? (Don't suggest getting rid of 'the boys'. I'd rather have furry carpets than a cat free household)
Would a robot cleaner work?

Aveline Sun 26-Mar-23 16:51:49

A new diamond or a kitten can be very nice too!
Callistemon the GTech is so light and manoeuvrable after the Dyson ball. Hoovering is (almost) a pleasure. No cord to drag around either.

Callistemon21 Sun 26-Mar-23 17:03:37

Aveline

A new diamond or a kitten can be very nice too!
Callistemon the GTech is so light and manoeuvrable after the Dyson ball. Hoovering is (almost) a pleasure. No cord to drag around either.

Thanks Aveline and everyone

Doodledog Sun 26-Mar-23 17:16:08

I'm another with a GTech, and I love it. I've just bought a cheap cordless one for the lodge - this one. It only has an 18 minute charge on high power (longer on low power, but I don't see the point of that) and it's not as powerful as the GTech, but it is a fraction of the price, and for a small space I don't need to be hoovering for very long, and it's still very effective. Also, it is small, so the brush head will fit in places where the GTech wouldn't, and it takes up very little cupboard space. It doesn't stand up on its own, but will rest against a wall.

Aveline Sun 26-Mar-23 17:23:13

I should say that I shopped around and Amazon had the best deal on when I ordered it. There was a big variation in price so worth checking.