Five years ago I moved from large 3 bed semi to a 2 bed semi bungalow and I was ruthless getting rid of things . Things I had held on far to long . They where just things you take your memories with you. I found decluttering decluttered my mind as well as my house . As I decluttered I packed boxes of things I was taking with me . I loved seeing the full boxes and the emptying house. Felt a sense of achievement.
Once I moved found I had brought things that I didn't need so they went . Have brought a few new pieces of furniture for my bungalow but only a double bed and mattress and bedside table for the second bedroom. But I sent stuff to cash cow so didn't cost me anything. Brought new nest of 3 tables because my old ones didn't go in with my colour scheme plus they where over 40 years old from MRI. And a large footstool with storage always wanted one .
Still decluttering even now as some of my cook and bakeware is to heavy for me to handle my daughter has had the things.
The thing I was most ruthless about was my book collection had 600 books . Got it down to 300 for my move but it's been creeping up again so got rid of some I won't read again . But my cross stitch collection is growing but that's my addiction. 😂..
UAE threatening Burnham over Man City
Good Morning Tuesday 6th October 2026
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)
What would be the worst figure of speech if you took them literally?


