As part of my mega-clearout of rubbish I need to get rid of a very large quantity of papers from my "study". We have lived here for 42 years and my career meant I handled a lot of paperwork, much of which is confidential, plus 42 years worth of household stuff like bank statements etc. I have a shredder but it will take hours/days/weeks to do it all and the machine is only a cheapo.
Any ideas as to how to get rid of it all safely/quickly/not too expensively? Bonfire comes to mind but not sure it is safe!
I intended to scan the remainder and ditch the paperwork but worried that technology might change and it wouldn't be retrievable.
Gransnet forums
House and home
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »
.