Gransnet forums

House and home

Robo vacuum

(39 Posts)
Elless Sun 30-Aug-26 11:39:03

My son has just purchased one of these (not an expensive one) and I am amazed how well it works. I checked back on GN and there are a few old threads about different models but wanted an up to date account. What brands do you recommend?

MissAdventure Mon 31-Aug-26 20:34:46

Just remembered, my first one was a l'efant.

Aveline Tue 01-Sept-26 08:12:09

Not a white l'phant I hope!

MissAdventure Tue 01-Sept-26 08:40:21

grin

ExaltedWombat Tue 01-Sept-26 14:45:34

If your floors are so tidy that normal hoovering would be easy, they're great. For the rest of us, not so much!

It's not cleaning the floor that takes the time, it's FINDING the floor!

Katekeeprunning Tue 01-Sept-26 15:12:48

I have a eufy downstairs, which is great, and one from Lidl upstairs which is crap

Doodledog Tue 01-Sept-26 15:23:19

I like the idea of one of these, but we have a big heavy coffee table that can't be moved, as well as occasional tables, plants on stands, a bookcase and a bureau as well as the TV and sofas.

Would it navigate that lot? I'm happy to pick up bits and pieces that might be on the floor, but it would be easier to run a vacuum round than to shift everything out of the way.

I like the idea of one that will wash the kitchen floor - is that a possibility? Also, the dining room has an LVT floor with a rug - would it cope with both, or would we have to roll up the rug (similar effort v results dilemma).

Aveline Tue 01-Sept-26 15:27:16

LVT?

NotSpaghetti Tue 01-Sept-26 15:31:30

Our house is messy.
We lift up wires and just leave it to do its thing.
It goes round stuff we've left out and is perfectly happy.
They can cope with most things except wires and ribbon.
Our "upstairs" one can be blocked from messy places on an app.

Doodledog Tue 01-Sept-26 15:55:25

Aveline

LVT?

Luxury Vinyl Tile. Well, it's plank, really - LVP? It's a hard floor, and is washable, but there is a large rug over some of it.

Fatoldlady Tue 01-Sept-26 16:02:27

I have a Roborok Qrevo S that has two water tanks, one clean and one dirty, and it empties it's little dustbin into a bigger bag in the base. It mops and vacuums happily on my mix of lino, Karndean, rugs and carpets. You can set it to do just one room, just mop, just vac, or both. On its's first amble around the house it learns where it can go and what the surfaces are - nope, no idea how it knows.

NotSpaghetti Tue 01-Sept-26 16:02:47

The one upstairs can also cut hair/yarn off the brush and empty itself into a bag.
The basic ones such as we have downstairs are not so clever.

Jojo1950 Tue 01-Sept-26 17:52:21

Agree. Had mine a few years now. Works a treat. I bought it when my health deteriorated .
Eufy. No regrets. 💗

Shel1951 Thu 10-Sept-26 12:20:31

I bought both of mine on amazon, and they were one of the cheapest, they mop too.and I bought spare brushes etc over time