Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Scams

(31 Posts)
glassortwo Tue 03-Jul-12 12:57:09

I received 2 similar emails (see below) today from LLoyds Bank, as I don't bank with them I presume its another of those banking scams, so be careful.

Dear Glassortwo,

Due to unusual number of invalid log in attempts on you account, we had to issue this warning message and put some extra verification process to ensure your identity and your account are secured.

To ensure your protection, we've now blocked access to your accounts. You now need to verify your access online.

Please fill in the form on our secured website below to verify your Lloyds TSB personal Internet Banking.

https://online.lloydstsb.co.uk/personal/logon/login.jsp?messageKey=IB:84599459&mobile=false <http://blog.poolsupply360.com/las6/index.php>

If your information will not be confirmed with us within 24 hours your account will be permanently suspended and your funds will be on hold untill further notice.

Please note:
1. Your information needs to be exactly as the one we have on file.
2. All the traffic is securely encrypted with a 2048 bits encryption system ensuring that your information remains safe.
3. This is a compulsory measure. Failure to update your information will lead to service suspension.

We are sorry for any inconvenince that this might have caused.

Thank you for chosing Lloyds TSB Internet Banking.

LloydsTSB Security Team.

whenim64 Tue 25-Sep-12 06:51:54

I've had another scam email claiming to be from the FBI. If I forward my bank details, they will reimburse the £7,000 American dollars due to me, including interest, that are part of the proceeds of money recovered from fraud when several UK conveyancers invested mortgage monies illegally. My name was on the list! Astonishing! grin

petallus Tue 25-Sep-12 09:22:09

After the false posting on Facebook I mentioned earlier I then received an e-mail supposedly from same friend whose name was falsely used then, asking me to sign a petition to stop French islanders using puppies and kittens as shark bait.

I deleted e-mail on the basis that it felt like a scam.

Surely people wouldn't do that shock

Lilygran Tue 25-Sep-12 09:40:42

I joined 'Linked in' some years ago and now keep getting messages supposedly from them. Whether I clicked on 'unsubscribe' or the message, it switched to a Canadian on-line pharmacy selling medication guaranteed to maintain my erection (I'm female). Similar from Amazon a few months ago. Amazon asked customers to send the false messages back to them so they could track down the sender and stop it. The banks don't seem bothered. Surprise.

AlieOxon Tue 01-Jan-13 11:18:26

I have just had one supposedly from Fedex about an undelivered packet....with a bank draft in....from Nigeria....I didn't open the attachments or click anything...

Fedex seem to be aware of these scams, but I can't find anywhere to forward it to.

annodomini Tue 01-Jan-13 11:45:01

That's such an old one that I'm surprised they still expect people to fall for it - but apparently they do and they do.