Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Lloyds credit card statement

(13 Posts)
Fennel Fri 10-Jun-22 16:35:59

lloyds used to just send the amount owing. I used to be careful to pay this off before the end of the month to avoid interest.
Recently they changed to a statement of how much credit I have left. So does this mean that they'll still charge interest if I don't 'pay regularly?
Is it their cunning plan to get me to pay interest?

Elizabeth27 Fri 10-Jun-22 16:42:40

You will pay interest if you do not clear the balance, the date of a purchase will determine the statement that the payment for that is due.

It's hardly a cunning plan, it will still state what is owed at that time, maybe your purchase was not included in that period.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 10-Jun-22 18:38:13

Don't you have a statement of the purchases you have made, the total you owe and the date by which you must pay to avoid paying interest? Of course you will pay interest if you don't pay off what you owe.

Fennel Fri 10-Jun-22 18:58:22

It's the fact that they changed the layout that puzzles me. They used to state the amount I owe but not now. Though I can work it out by deducting the amount of credit left from the Max.
I'm usually ok with bank accounts etc but this has stumped me.
I should ring them or ask in the bank maybe.

Baggs Fri 10-Jun-22 19:44:22

Just checked and my Lloyds Credit card online statement gives the amount owing for the period in question.

They also show what credit is still available.

Are you looking at the actual statement for what you owe by a particular date?

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 10-Jun-22 19:46:03

I really don’t understand. You need to speak to them.

Baggs Fri 10-Jun-22 19:47:19

You need to look for "statement balance".

Georgesgran Fri 10-Jun-22 20:17:47

And remember your credit limit is just that and not something to aim for ?.

FlexibleFriend Fri 10-Jun-22 21:03:17

I didn't know what you were talking about so had a look at my Lloyds c/c online and it reads your new balance(in bold) and the amount. Your new balance is the amount owed and it's up to you if you want to pay it in full. Followed by minimum payment. I can't say I found it remotely confusing but then again I didn't notice it had changed.

Fennel Sun 12-Jun-22 16:17:43

Thankd all. Had another look and after much searching it says I don't owe anything!
I'm definitely going doolally.

FarNorth Sun 12-Jun-22 16:31:32

I think credit card statements are deliberately made confusing.
I have no trouble paying in full every month by d/d, but looking at the figures given, the payment methods and whether a forthcoming d/d will be affected by an extra payment (when not paying monthly in full) is far from straightforward.

62Granny Sun 12-Jun-22 16:34:47

I think what the OP is saying is a paper statement that she receives not the online statement that others appear to get, we got had like this with Nationwide were we expected a paper statement when we made the first purchase on my husband's credit card ( then forgot about it) next thing we had letter to say we had missed two payments, when I phoned and said we hadn't had a bill they said it had all gone online, but because CC was in his name it didn't show on our online statement. Won't make that mistake again.

FlexibleFriend Mon 13-Jun-22 12:55:23

The online statement is just a screen version of the paper statement sent in the post.