Gransnet forums

Local

Post wedding blues

(28 Posts)
Millie8 Thu 15-Feb-18 20:05:02

Hi,
Just wondered if other Mothers of the Groom have suffered with this, it is the name I have given to how I'm feeling. Having come home from my son's wedding 5 days ago, I am on the verge of tears all the time. It's not as if my son has just left home - he is 30 and has lived away from home for 3 years and with his girlfriend for 3 months. I was and still am, so happy for them, she is a lovely girl and they are well suited. After all, this is what we mothers want for our offspring isnt it?! I just wish this horrible tearfulness would go away!

Millie8 Sat 17-Feb-18 14:34:24

How great is Gransnet!!
This is the first time I have posted anything here and what great reassurance and advice I have been given.

Thank you all x

P.S My other dil said that as I dont have a daughter, I should go with her one of her many wedding dress shopping trips and I feel priviledged that she chose one when I was with her. What a lovely thing to do. Have gained 2 great daughters not lost 2 sons.

Matriark Sun 18-Feb-18 11:48:39

I remember this feeling, but I think it was just that after months of planning and excitement, it was suddenly all over. The forthcoming wedding inevitably occupies a great deal of head space, and when it comes to an abrupt halt, it’s easy to feel a little empty. Don’t worry, it’ll pass!