Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Anyone in the North East {Tyne and Wear or Northumberland??}

(50 Posts)
Hileena Fri 30-May-14 21:33:13

Hi, Anyone about from Tyne and Wear or Northumberland?
Not very far into Northumberland LOL I'm just over the border T/W and Northumberland
Love
to hear from anyone in the area.
Eileen

gillybob Fri 30-May-14 22:56:55

Hello Hileena yes here I am !

I am from South Tyneside. Right on the North East Coastline. A very proud Geordie Gran. There are a few of us around who I am sure will make themselves known soon.

A very warm welcome to you . smile

durhamjen Fri 30-May-14 23:09:02

Does Durham not count?

gillybob Fri 30-May-14 23:12:04

Of course it does durhamjen I was kinda hoping you would be around ! smile

gillybob Sat 31-May-14 09:12:11

Bump....

Come on I know there are more of us out there smile

Silverfish Sat 31-May-14 09:34:40

I was wondering if I was the only geordie granny on gransnet. Hi to you all. Im in south east Northumberland near our gorgeous coast.

Tegan Sat 31-May-14 10:23:22

I don't live there but spend a lot of time in Northumberland and have been to some great meet ups in Edinburgh.

gillybob Sat 31-May-14 10:34:46

Hello Silverfish I had no idea you were a Geordie Gran! I am right on the beautiful coast too. A little further South than you in South Tyneside. What a beautiful day it is here today. The sea is shimmering in the sun. Happy days.

Yes Tegan I think you are a part-time Northerner. We really should have a Northumberland meet up sometime. smile

harrigran Sat 31-May-14 11:38:49

I am a northerner too, half way between Northumberland and Durham smile

janeainsworth Sat 31-May-14 11:56:50

I'm in Northumberland too smile

ayse Sat 31-May-14 12:08:10

I'm an adopted Northerner with a southern accent, so I hope that's OK. Currently live in Newcastle with DH. DD3 lives in Gateshead (twins on the way if all goes well).
Maybe we should arrange a meet up

newist Sat 31-May-14 12:59:05

I don't normally get home sick, but hearing you all talking about The North East, just now I am sad

durhamjen Sat 31-May-14 13:35:53

Where's halfway between Northumberland and Durham, harrigran? If I drive to Northumberland I do not go through any other county. The border is fifteen minutes drive away.

Silverfish Sat 31-May-14 16:10:22

gillybob, I live in Northumberland, not south Tyneside, I live within short driving distance of the cheviots, lovely Alnwick castle and my favourite place of all time Rothbury. If I win the lottery, I will buy a home in Rothbury or maybe Seahouses. I cant be any more specific about where I live as in the past posts I have slagged my job and bosses off so much that if they identified me I would not be popular.lol.

Marmight Sat 31-May-14 17:01:54

About time to sort out another NE/Edinburgh meeting? I missed the last one sad. I drove through Rothbury last Autumn - we were staying at Bellingham and on our way to Alnwick Castle Gardens - love the book shop in Alnwick, could spend days there....

janeainsworth Sat 31-May-14 18:00:54

Definitely Marmight .
As long as it's before September when I go back to the States smile

moomin Sat 31-May-14 18:13:22

Northumberland as well (14 miles or so from Newcastle).

Tegan Sat 31-May-14 20:23:53

I'll probably be oop north last couple of weeks in August.

Stansgran Sat 31-May-14 20:55:38

What about Alnmouth? The train stops there.

Silverfish Sat 31-May-14 21:36:02

Alnmouth is fine by me, as long as its before the dark nights as I don't like to be out then (scared of bogeymen)

Silverfish Sat 31-May-14 21:36:23

(or women)

harrigran Sat 31-May-14 23:44:15

Tyne and Wear durhamjen, I am a mackem smile

durhamjen Sat 31-May-14 23:53:07

My eldest son and his wife live and teach in Sunderland, harrigran.

gillybob Sun 01-Jun-14 00:13:49

Hi Silverfish I absolutely love Rothbury we used to have a static caravan on the Coquetdale caravan park ( the one at the top of the hill) and later in Seahouses (Seafield) . Sadly we had to sell up (for financial reasons) but we now have a tourer and we spend as many weekends as we can in/around those areas. Like you if I won the lottery I would want to live in Rothbury or Seahouses. [happy emoticon] smile

I could spend forever in Barters Books too Marmight I could quite literally lose myself in among the shelves there. smile

I just knew all the lovely Northern grans were out there.

numberplease Sun 01-Jun-14 01:27:00

I don`t live in Northumberland, but love it there, especially around Seahouses.