Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hebridean meet up

(33 Posts)
Flowerofthewest Wed 11-Jun-14 14:44:59

Meeting at Kirkibost Cafe North Uist on 1st or 2nd July 2014 .... anyone interested.

newist Sun 29-Jun-14 23:30:31

What a lovely evening. Normally its just my OH and I pottering about. It was lovely having good company and a laugh.

newist Tue 08-Jul-14 21:34:42

Tomorrow Flowerofthewest and myself are having our official GN meet up, we are going to Claddach Kirkibost cafe, which overlooks small Islands, it will be a lovely sunny day, the turquoise sea will be twinkling in the sun. We shall of course, raise our coffee cups in a toast, to all of you lovely people.

newist Tue 08-Jul-14 21:55:33

www.claddach-kirkibost.org/ I hope this link works, this is where we are meeting up tomorrow

numberplease Wed 09-Jul-14 02:18:59

Looks beautiful Newist, I`m so envious.

newist Wed 09-Jul-14 12:42:22

Flowerofthewest here crying for help!!!!!!!
Get me out of here this woman is crazy. Guga for lunch, Hen Harrier for supper. is there no escape? When is the boat coming to rescue us. She is a stalker of the worst kind.

Joking aside Newist is fantastic. A wonderful cook. Wow, Smoked salmon pate followed by Venison Casserole then a fantastic chocolate torte, I swear there was some booze in it. Not sure if booze is allowed up here on a Sunday, but who cares.

Thanks goodness she is as bonkers as I am. So relieved. So happy to have met her and her DH. Her computer screen is better than mine though. Another reason to continue our holidays in the Hebrides.

The view from her cottage is amazing. Pale yellow sands and aqua sea.

newist Wed 09-Jul-14 12:43:47

What do you want to know When signed flowerofthewest

whenim64 Wed 09-Jul-14 13:00:17

Haha! I'm not sure I want to know any more now grin

Sounds like you've both had a great time getting to know each other. It sounds idyllic up there. My closest friend is just on her way up to the Orkneys as I'm writing, and is meeting up with someone she got to know on an OU forum whilst she's on holiday. Just like penfriends who decided to meet up after corresponding, isb't it?