Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

North West meet up

(57 Posts)
seasider Tue 23-Jun-15 22:36:15

Hi ladies. We have had a few local met ups on the Fylde coast and Nelliemoser travelled to join us however it seems along time since we have had a North West meet up. Any chance we could fit one in before we all get caught up in the school holidays?

Teetime Wed 24-Jun-15 09:06:24

I shall be at Tatton Park Flower Show on 24th June - is anyone else going and would like to meet for a coffee?

annodomini Wed 24-Jun-15 09:14:04

Shouldn't that be July, Teetime? I might go this year, having missed out for the last two or three years. Do you also live in Cheshire?

seasider Wed 24-Jun-15 23:38:05

That would be lovely but sadly I am working. The Trafford Centre seemed a popular venue?

Nelliemoser Thu 25-Jun-15 00:38:09

Is it the RHS flower show at Tatton park this week or the Cheshire Show? I am confused now.

hildajenniJ Thu 25-Jun-15 09:01:05

I often go to the Tatton Park flower show, but this year I will be on holiday then. So I won't be there I'm afraid. Pity, it's one of my favourite shows. DH and I might be going to the Harrogate Autumn flower show though.

annodomini Thu 25-Jun-15 09:28:13

Nellie, Tatton is in a month's time. At the moment the Cheshire Show is on.

Teetime Thu 25-Jun-15 09:32:51

Yes of course silly me its July - I shall be there on 24th. No I don't live in the NW - DD2 lives in Thelwell so coming up for the show and her birthday.

seasider Thu 25-Jun-15 18:11:17

There may be some Grans there Teetime who would meet for coffee. Anybody fancy lunch meet up somewhere in the North West midweek days good for me .

Iam64 Thu 25-Jun-15 20:22:52

Yes, it would be good to have a meet up. The Trafford Centre isn't anyone's idea of heaven, but we've had some successful get togethers at (I think) the Harvester there.
I'm away week of 17 July, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are usually good days for me but I can be flexible on the other days if they're better for the majority.
If other venue's are preferred I should be abel to get there

seasider Fri 26-Jun-15 23:38:54

Hi Iam I don't mind where we go . The TC just seems to get a good turnout but open to suggestions . Maybe we could say a Wednesday ?

vegasmags Sat 27-Jun-15 13:02:10

The TC seems to be a very convenient location so I would be happy to meet up there again. Mondays or Tuesdays are best for me - I am only free every other Wed, Thurs and Fri due to childcare - so could do a Wednesday if it was my week off.

seasider Sun 28-Jun-15 08:51:42

Hi Vegas . Maybe we could go for a Wednesday when you are off as Monday always more busy for travel. Which week would be best? Any body else like to join us? Anno, When, Nellie , Grammar , Hummingbird are you free? Any new members out there?

whenim64 Sun 28-Jun-15 09:43:37

Yes, count me in. It would be lovely to meet up with everyone again smile

annodomini Sun 28-Jun-15 09:44:26

The Coach House at the TC - they have been very accommodating there and never minded how long we stayed chatting. I think July is a quiet month for me. Wednesday not bad: a dentist's appointment can always be postponed!

vegasmags Sun 28-Jun-15 10:56:37

I could do Weds 8 July or 22 July or Wed 5 August, if this fits in with other people.

annodomini Sun 28-Jun-15 11:38:19

Can't guarantee the 8th but the 22nd would suit me.

Nelliemoser Sun 28-Jun-15 13:20:47

Yes I could do either the 8th or 22nd with a slight preference for the 8th. They are very happy at the coach house to let us sit and gabble away without feeling hassled to move on.

vegasmags Sun 28-Jun-15 14:21:32

And can we gabble ... grin

goodtochat Tue 30-Jun-15 18:36:36

Any "grans" live in Wirral and have days free for "outings" meet ups for coffee etc. Most days ok except Thursday,s when I do voluntary work. Looking for new outlets and aquaintances.

Regards, good to chat, [Pat]

goodtochat Tue 30-Jun-15 18:45:08

I,ve just posted a "chat" re meeting other "grans" I live in Wirral. Can do most days depending on family needs which vary. Always want to be out and about most Saturdays though. I,m Nana to four grandsons who I see "as and when"

Kind Regards to all Grandparents.smile

seasider Wed 01-Jul-15 00:38:30

Hi Good tochat not sure who is in your area but there is a local Chester site and they have had local meet ups. You are welcome to join us at the Trafforad Centre if you can get there. 22nd would be best date for me

Iam64 Thu 02-Jul-15 11:19:33

Hello, just catching up with this.

I could do Wednesday 8th (have to leave at 2 but that'd be fine)
Can't do 22 July (we're off to Norfolk for a week)

Can do Wednesday 5 August

hope we can fix a date

seasider Thu 02-Jul-15 13:57:28

How would Wednesday 5th August suit everybody? I could possibly do 8th July if I can arrange work. I will go with the majority

Nelliemoser Thu 02-Jul-15 14:05:17

Thats better for me than the 22nd July.