Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Birmingham meet up....

(266 Posts)
Tegan Thu 27-Aug-15 11:33:45

...some of us are keen to have another meet up. I think the art gallery was a good place, especially now it has been re vamped. I'm away on and off quite a lot over the next couple of months, but if any of the 'locals' arrange something I'll do my best to fit in. The good thing about the art gallery is that there's no need to book a table so numbers can be more flexible.

Blinko Mon 12-Feb-18 17:34:45

Good plan. See you there.

Tea and cake Tue 20-Feb-18 07:38:40

Just seen this! Can't do 27th unfortunately. Have a good time in MH .

Blinko Tue 20-Feb-18 08:41:02

Sorry about that, T&C. Maybe next time smile

NannyJan53 Tue 20-Feb-18 10:40:48

That's a shame Tea and Cake, would have been good to meet with you again! Hopefully a Birmingham meet can be arranged in April or May?

Tea and cake Wed 21-Feb-18 07:52:31

That would be good. Would be nice to see you both again. I sometimes forget to go on this page so shall we start it later as a new topic so it goes back to Active? Hopefully it will be a bit milder then!

NannyJan53 Wed 21-Feb-18 10:55:02

Good idea Tea and Cake

I am back from holiday 16th March, so maybe start a new thread after then for end of April, beginning of May?

Tea and cake Thu 22-Feb-18 07:50:33

I will look out for it ?

Blinko Sun 25-Feb-18 13:40:40

Hi NJ.. Re Tuesday, I'm hoping the threatened weather won't have done it's worst by then. See you at 11am as long as we're not snowed in....smile

Nonnie Sun 25-Feb-18 14:17:42

What about making a list of those who could make it to Birmingham and then PMing them when a meet up is being planned? I didn't come on Gn for a while when my son died last year and know I missed a meet. I wouldn't have felt up to going but there are other reasons for being away and it would be easy to miss especially as I look at I'm on and last hour.

Blinko Sun 25-Feb-18 14:26:17

Good idea, Nonnie, though I think that would require someone prepared to act as a West Mids co-ordinator. So far, it has been more of an ad hoc arrangement for anyone who's interested to come along. We do usually meet at a more central location (Birmingham, for instance) but as it seemed to be just the two of us this time and we're both west of Birmingham, we chose to meet nearer home.

Don't suppose you could make it to Merry Hill on Tuesday, by any chance? You would be most welcome.

NannyJan53 Sun 25-Feb-18 15:54:08

I will be there Blinko weather permitting!!

Yes Nonnie you would be very welcome if you could make Tuesday, if not we hope to arrange a meet up in April/May!

Nonnie Sun 25-Feb-18 16:09:53

Sorry Blinko, Tewkesbury for me on Tuesday.

Blinko Mon 26-Feb-18 11:21:28

Not to worry, Nonnie. Next time, eh.

NJ If you like I'll pm you my mobile no in case you can't come due to weather? If you could pm yours to me?

NannyJan53 Mon 26-Feb-18 11:39:11

Good idea Blinko

Blinko Tue 27-Feb-18 11:45:41

Just so everyone is aware, NJ and I didn't meet in the end as the weather was rubbish. We agreed it would be pointless venturing out in these temperatures when we could sit at home with a cuppa and a biscuit smile

To be rearranged, then. Watch this space!