Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Northumberland Meetup

(278 Posts)
Plainjaney Mon 31-Jul-17 12:52:37

Hi to all Northumberland Gransnetters!

I'd like to arrange a meetup for us in September- my suggestion is:

Monday, 11th September at Heighley Gate garden centre near Morpeth at 10.30.

Some of us have been trying to get together for a little while, so I thought I'd get a bit specific! ?

All welcome, so please get back to me to let me know your thoughts on date and venue - I know that this could mean a bit of a travel for some of us, but it would be lovely to meet up.

Jane x

granjan15 Wed 02-Aug-17 19:49:10

Hi Jane.
Having moved to Morpeth three months ago, I would very much like to meet up with other Northumberland Gransnetters.
11th September at Heighley Gate would be perfect for me.

lizzypopbottle Wed 02-Aug-17 22:31:22

Woohoo! Don't mean to sound smug but Heighley Gate is just down the road from me! I'll certainly be there ?

hildajenniJ Thu 03-Aug-17 00:05:26

Oh no! Heighly Gate is great for me. Plus my sister lives in Morpeth. The date is wrong though, I'll be in Devon, on holiday, then! I'll definitely come next time though, wherever the meet up is.

Plainjaney Sat 05-Aug-17 20:35:50

Hi All!

Thanks for the replies - it looks like we have a date.

I'm sure it will be the first of many, HildajenniJ - so enjoy Devon.

Looking forward to our meetup!

Jane x

headsy12 Fri 11-Aug-17 19:13:36

Hi, I finally managed to find the message, I will be there in September, looking forward to making new friends.

brenda

Solitaire Fri 11-Aug-17 20:24:06

I will certainly try to make it. Are you thinking cafe and should we have some way of recognition?

lizzypopbottle Tue 22-Aug-17 16:34:14

I was wondering that too Solitaire. There are two cafes as well, Costa in the main shop and the big cafe in the older building.

Plainjaney Wed 06-Sep-17 12:24:00

Hi All

Hope you are all well.

Looking forward to Monday!

Sorry for not updating but I've been on holiday with no wifi.

I was thinking of the cafe near the main entrance. I should be there nice and early. I was thinking of bringing a red bag and putting it on the table .... and watching out like a meerkat for anyone coming in and peering like they are looking for a table with a red bag.

Let me know if you are happy with this cafe and the recognition system!

Jane xx

granjan15 Fri 08-Sep-17 20:15:35

I think it's a good idea to meet in Costa. The other cafe is quite hard to find if you are not familiar with Heighley Gate.
See you on Monday!

lizzypopbottle Sun 10-Sep-17 20:55:54

Hi Jane, hoping to be there but I've got an electrician coming tomorrow and three dogs to sort out. They'll be nearly hysterical if he's in the house and I'm not here. I'm in contact on whatsapp with granjan15 so I'll keep in touch with the group and let you know if I'm coming. She can tell me if the party breaks up so I don't turn up and accost some innocent person with a red bag! ?

headsy12 Mon 11-Sep-17 14:11:58

Went to the meet up this morning and had a great chat, looking forward to the next one.
brenda

granjan15 Mon 11-Sep-17 16:36:36

Same here smile

Plainjaney Mon 11-Sep-17 17:58:08

Hi

It was a fun meet up this morning with lovely ladies Brenda and Jan - and a little video message from Lizzy?.

It's a shame everyone couldn't make it, but we're arranging another for October, so watch this space for date and venue - as ever, suggestions welcome.

We're looking forward to meeting more Northumberland Gransnetters!

Jane xx

Plainjaney Mon 25-Sep-17 00:24:50

Hi All

I'd like to arrange another meetup. I suggest Thursday 12th October at Dobbie's in Ponteland at 10.30.

Please let me know what you think about this - happy to change the arrangements to suit.

We had a lovely time at our first meetup and it would great if more Gransnetters could come next time.

Everyone welcome!

Jane xx

headsy12 Mon 02-Oct-17 10:01:04

hi,

I had a great time at the last meet up and will be attending the next one. Monday or Friday are best for me but will attend which ever day is decided on.

brenda

hildajenniJ Mon 02-Oct-17 11:37:05

I wonder how I would get to Dobbies on public transport! DH works during the mornings and isn't usually home to hand over the car until 10:30 to 11:00. Is there a bus from Newcastle? Ah ha! There are busses, every hour. It might take a bit of planning, but I could probably do it, and it might well need an early start! I live near Hadrians Wall in the south west of Northumberland and can usually get to where I want to be.

granjan15 Wed 04-Oct-17 10:03:01

Hi everyone.
I can't make it on the 12th October but could do Monday 9th or Friday 13th which would also be better for Brenda.

How about meeting in the afternoon so that hildajenniJ could drive to Dobbies?

Janet

hildajenniJ Thu 05-Oct-17 09:41:50

Thanks for the thought granjan, but I'd much prefer a morning meet up. I don't like the thought of the rush hour traffic in the evening. I'm not really a nervous driver but don't go far these days. Hexham and Carlisle are about my limit. I'm sure I would be able to negotiate public transport, and the bus is free!

Plainjaney Thu 05-Oct-17 10:22:32

Hi All

I'm sorry I won't be able to make 13th, but if it's good for everyone else, I say go ahead as it's so hard to find a time to suit everyone.

I'll make the next one I'm sure.

Jane xx

(Plainjaney, mrsjem).

granjan15 Thu 05-Oct-17 11:44:32

Isn't it complicated, trying to get together!

How about Monday 9th in the morning then? Could you do that Jane and Brenda and hildajenniJ?
Janet xx

headsy12 Thu 05-Oct-17 20:01:12

Yes, Monday 9th would be fine for me.

brenda

glassortwo Thu 05-Oct-17 20:12:49

What time on Monday 9th? If its nearer to Lunch time I could possibly make it.

granjan15 Fri 06-Oct-17 17:14:33

We met up before at 10.30 am but had so much to say to each other that it went on until neare lunchtime! If we knew you were definitely coming we could make sure we were there to meet you.

headsy12 Sun 08-Oct-17 13:00:10

see you all tomorrow.
brenda