Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

A chat anybody? in Hertfordshire

(29 Posts)
Jeanniejoo Sat 24-Feb-18 08:59:19

Hoping to find another lonely person who needs some company like I do (what a sob story I sound) cupcake

chelseababy Fri 09-Mar-18 15:31:36

Sorry you didn't get ant replies! Where are you near? I could get to Hitchin.

Charleygirl Fri 09-Mar-18 15:41:15

Jeanniejoo any chance you could get to Pinner? 4 of us meet monthly for coffee and we have been doing so for 3 years +, never having met before.

silverlining48 Fri 09-Mar-18 17:49:33

Surely someone on gn lives in Hertfordshire?
Otherwise if you fancy a shop we meet in Bluewater every 6 weeks or so. Next meeting 22 nd March. You are welcome Jeannie.

Ailsa43 Sat 10-Mar-18 00:34:46

Yes I live in Hertfordshire jeanniejoo...

pollyperkins Mon 19-Mar-18 18:05:33

Where abouts are you? Im not i hertgordshire but possibly could get there....

lovesdancing Sun 08-Apr-18 21:58:19

Hi, yes I'm in Herts and would be happy to meet up for tea/coffee soon.

lovesdancing Sun 15-Apr-18 20:48:42

Happy to meet anywhere in the radius St Albans - across to Ware, soon.
Anyone interested?
If not, are the Bluewater group still meeting? That's a possibility once in a while too.
Just keen to get out and get some new groups for coffee and chat.

Fairydoll2030 Thu 26-Apr-18 21:04:03

I,m in Herts, not far from St Albans. Could meet after May 10th (going away shortly)

chelseababy Fri 27-Apr-18 07:35:18

I could get to St Albans if not too far from the station.

goldengirl Fri 27-Apr-18 12:00:41

I can get to St Albans too

ErikaHarris Wed 02-May-18 11:25:20

Hi there, I have recently joined this forum.

dinks13 Sat 12-May-18 08:00:11

Hi, I feel the same as you, would love to make some new friends, I live in Luton but can get the train to start Albans!!

dinks13 Sat 12-May-18 08:00:48

St.Albans.

JaneA Wed 23-May-18 11:13:37

Has anybody met yet?

B9exchange Sun 03-Jun-18 10:54:49

Just needs someone to organise I guess, how many people can make Mondays or Tuesdays? :-)

lovesdancing Tue 05-Jun-18 22:51:39

Checking out if I can actually get this to post my message as it has refused do it at all since April!!
Here goes:
I'm interested in meeting in St Albans and have replied to privately sent emails re this. How about next Tuesday, 12th June, Waterstones cafe, or Caffe Nero, next to Nat West Bank in St Peter's Street? Anyone up for that, midday?

lovesdancing Tue 05-Jun-18 22:57:03

Hooray! Success at last. Guessing the tech team must have sorted it. Thanks team.
Date and time are open to majority choice, of course, but are just suggestions, to get things started. smile smile

B9exchange Wed 06-Jun-18 20:14:50

We now have a date, time and place! Tuesday 10th July at the Waterend Barn www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/hertfordshire/waterend-barn-st-albans in St Albans, 11.00 am.

Any GransNetter living in Hertfordshire, do come along. There will be a GransNet icon on the table, just come and find us!

lovesdancing Tue 12-Jun-18 21:46:31

At least 10 people have enquired, apparently keenly, about the meet ups in St Albans area, since February.
B9Exchange suggested we 'just need someone to organise it'.
I thought as it was going so slowly, with no meet ups happening, I might try to start things moving asap by suggesting a date about a week or so later and choice of a couple of places as a possible first meet, but no one but B9Exchange responded.

She had clearly booked somewhere herself in the interim and offered a specific time and place with a month's notice.

Still no one responded. I was away and didn't have a laptop and the app on the phone will not let you post anything, as several friends and myself tried at various times without success. (The only option was 'post', not Ctrl-Enter, so it did not work. Not impressive!)

Forgive me for questioning it, or sounding a little bit disillusioned, but does anyone actually want to meet up in this area? I'd love to know, as I will try other areas if not.

Btw, thanks for arranging the July meet anyway, B9Exchange. I do not think I can go then, but maybe another time.

B9exchange Tue 12-Jun-18 22:39:59

There will be at least two of us, hopefully we will grow? smile Be brave, come and join us, you can do it! grin PM me if you have any questions or just for more info?

Part of the problem is that people reply expressing an interest, but don't click on 'watch this thread' and don't come back quickly to check for other's responses. I can only try!

B9exchange Mon 09-Jul-18 12:23:14

As sadly we have not had enough interest, the meet up tomorrow has been cancelled. Guess we are all too busy!

lovesdancing Mon 09-Jul-18 20:33:46

Shame for you, as you organised it.
Never mind, I am sure there will be one at some point.
Let us all know if you have another date in mind and if I am free I will def join you.
The Waterend barn sounds good to me. smile

Stormer Wed 25-Jul-18 02:38:35

I'm all sad now, because my daughter and family are moving to Hitchin, Herts. They are in Plymouth at the moment, 40 miles away, but doable on the train for a day visit. Now the gap is from St Austell to Hitchin, I'm going to miss our 5 and 3 year old grandsons, our only grandchildren so much. With my husband having had a stroke things are not as I thought they would be. Now I do sound sorry for myself....cos I am and I'm feeling down and am not afraid to say so.

Carenza123 Sun 09-Sep-18 08:13:49

Hi! I am moving to Castle Donington in Derby, East Midlands area. Is there any Gransnetters nearby who would like to get in touch or meetups? I love Gransnet!