Gransnet forums

Menopause

post menopausal hot flushes

(55 Posts)
rojon Fri 20-Sep-13 22:19:41

Still having one or two a day despite being in my seventies and wondered if others in the same situation had found a good treatment. They are not caused by any medications.

GinnyHendricks Thu 18-Jul-19 15:44:10

Hmm I think I was in peri from about 42, I had a couple of incidents of extreme fatigue that no amount of sleep could help, each lasted several weeks. Periods came every 14 days for a while but I felt quite well regardless, it was just inconvenient, then periods became erratic and now I haven’t had one this year at all but I’m not sure if that’s it now due to previous erratic nature. I’m very achey, get hot flushes, my hips hurt badly but then I’ve always had joint problems, I’m far more anxious but again have a lot to be anxious about right now. Zero libido but single anyway, now have a few spots to go with the chin hair and wrinkles.

Xrgran Fri 19-Jul-19 13:55:35

I’ve drunk soya milk throughout my menopause and have at least 4 hot flushes a day even after 7 years! Now I drink oat milk and have porridge every day which hasn’t stopped flushes but I’m convinced it prevents stiff and sore joints which I haven’t had for years.

Bovary Mon 20-Apr-20 16:01:53

GinnyHendricks-love your user name!I am a NEWBY& a v. slow one finger typist.As u can tell by the fact i did not eradicate error of caps ,& all the abreviations i use.I have all of your symptoms & alas have found NO cure,& believe me i have tried everything in the last 20yrs! But had a really dud G.P. for first 10yrs,female(thot that wouldve helped)-my Scots male Dr. for first 10yrs who told me i only couldnt put up w/it cos i was a feminist?was at least sympathetic.She(military)told me to get out more!BUT please get an ultrasound(ASK) if bleeds are still eratic,mine were,i asked,was fobbed off ,& ended up w/a 2b cancer of a rare'smart' type (gynae),but can morph to grow anywhere.Ive been cancer free for 6 yrs-more luck than judgement-but am still banging the drum for women s hormone probs to be taken seriously.Soz my first postings so depressing,but i dont have time to write a book about the last 30yrs of medical mystery tour,cos ive gotta get out & LIVE(was told i had fibromyalgia at 37(now 67)met a brill surgeon for something else,who said,after doing lotsa bloods,you dont have fibro.u have a hyperparathyroid tumour!Had it removed at Xmas & am now v.improved)SO,anyone out there whos worried about their symptoms (Dad says,'south of the equator') try a diff. Doc if yours is indifferent.And dont give up.I did & luckily am still alive to tell the tale. Must get over to the exercise info & get in shape!(Naturally help will be scarse until after lockdown).All best wishes tho to anyone whos suffering beetroot face,and 'natural' fibre mania.(why arent more tops & dresses made in cotton)I luckily have a husband who likes ironing.

SalsaQueen Mon 20-Apr-20 17:30:21

I'm 61, had my last period at the age of 59 1/2. I'm having daily hot flushes (starting at my chest, going up to my face) and night sweats most nights. My duvet is 4.5 tog, all year round, and yet I'm hot all night. I'm interested in the replies on here, and I'll try some of them.