Gransnet forums

Menopause

Evorel conti hrt patch

(37 Posts)
Crazynannie Mon 22-Oct-18 16:44:22

Hi its my fist time on here, but ive been prescribed Evorel hrt patch, as i went to the doctors because im sick of the horrible symptoms of peri menopause plus i think im nearly thru it as not had a period since November 2017, but im so sick of having no sex coz of the pain and the lost sex drive (i just cant be arsed) lol, poor hubby, but luckly hes understanding, plus sick of the night sweats, the rattyness,grumpyness,feeling down, ive noone to talk to about this, i feel like i dont fancie hubby anymore, but i do love him, i just want to be normal again,
Im only 51, i go gym, im healthy, active , just moody n naffed off all the time, ive no mates to go n have a brew with its jsut me n hubby. I wrk but theres noone there to talk to either, noones gone or goin thru what i feel like,
Ive tryed all the herbal stuff goin and had reactions to them from lumps in boobs, undera rms, swolen sore boobs, internal cameras in to my woomb as the hospital saw something on a scan but everything came back clear, as everything goes back to normal once i stopped the herbL stuff, so been told not to take anything anymore
Also been told hrt not to take as i suffer with migrains, my nana died of breast cancer at 69, my mum suffers with hypertention , and anjina she got this from taking hrt as her blood preasure went high and she could have had a heart attack if doctor hadnt been called by my dad, and her dr said she should never have been given it,
Anyway i put a patch on when i got them and i felt really tired, were i wanted to goto bed at 6 pm, i couldnt sit n watch the soaps as my legs were irritating me i couldnt keep them still ( jummpylegs) plus had the runs and felt sickly, but the tiredness is the worst , i havent worn one for a coupke of weeks and put one on today and already i feel tired i just want to goto bed and went to the gym today did my yoga class were i always come out feeling great but today felt really tired ,
So i dont know what todo, do i carry on wearing it till thursday when i change it and see how i go with it again , n note any reactions coz if my legs start up again i will definately know its the patch as it never happend when i wasnt wearing it , and is it wrth goin thru this just so i can have a sex drive Soooo fed up , hate the crap that menopause causes ??

paddyann Mon 22-Oct-18 16:58:37

Give it a decent trial,put it on and leave it and change when you're supposed to.Like everything else these patches take time for your system to get used to.
I've been on Evorel conti for a few years now and I'm my old self after years of misery and trying everything available .I do get spotting but thats down to a fibroid and cysts on my ovaries.I'd persevere if I were you ,what have you got to lose,it might surprise you when it all starts to work.I'm almost 65 and my gynaecologist has said I can stay on this for life.Just as well they'd have to fight me to get them off me .

paddyann Mon 22-Oct-18 16:59:50

oh and I have migraines and high blood prssure which have improved since my patches .

helemaypot Mon 26-Nov-18 16:44:57

hi paddyann

I have just joined as I have seen your post and am interested in how long it took you before you really felt back to yourself from starting your evorel conti? I have a terrible year with generally feeling sick , tired could not get off settee with fatigue, had all general bloods done at doctors all came back clear thankfully but just didnt know what was wrong with me.. I am postmenapausal not had period for 4 years and decided to see a private encrinologist which was my saviour! Basically he tested my oestrogen and it was non detectable so put me on evorel conti 50, started intitally to feel better but then have good and bad tired days slight bleeds which he said is normal to start. I have been on it 6 months now and wondered if I still need to give it longer or if I need to change the hrt

helemaypot Sat 01-Dec-18 18:24:43

hi everyone

Im new to this so hope im doing it correctly lol..
any one been on evorel conti ? ive been on it 6 months now and have good days and bad, just wondered if I need to keep it up a bit longer ? any relies will be good
thanks

paddyann Sat 01-Dec-18 19:16:36

Sorry I've been offline for a couple of weeks.I've been on Evorel for a few years now and its the best thing I ever did.Took certainly a few months to settle but now I'm bakc to myself.No more changing beds or bedding at 3 or 4am or both.My moods are more constant and I generallly find life much easier to deal with
I do still bleed ,not every month but sometimes for a week or more but I dont mind that ,not compared to the health problems I had and the threat to my marriage with my sweats,seperate beds ,moodswings etc etc .If I were you I'd keep on it for a few more months ,give it a decent try or see your gynaecologist to have the dose adjusted .Dont give up yet though you could be as lucky with it as I am .

helemaypot Sun 02-Dec-18 07:45:07

Thank you for your reply paddyann, i just get really sicky feeling and tender boobs , how long would you say before you felt goog again cantvwait to feel normal !

Volvariella Sun 02-Dec-18 17:19:40

helemaypot - if you are still getting bleeding after 6 months on a conti HRT then perhpas best to see your doc and maybe change to a different type?

re the good and bad days - well we all get those - might not be due to the HRT. However a continuous combined HRT involves taking progestogens all the time - and it is this part of the HRT which can build up and cause low grade side effects that might not go away. If this is the case again either try a different HRT or go onto one that gives a withdrawal bleed. That way you only have to take the progestgoen for part of the month - although you will still get ups and downs during the progestogen part.

paddyann Sun 02-Dec-18 18:42:47

I went back to the gynaecologist after 6 months because I was still bleeding heavily and he advised me to persevere so it was certainly more than that.Now I have some spotting and the odd week that I bleed though I had 5 weeks continuous in the late summer.That was explained by a fairly large weight loss affecting the dose .I've lost two and a half stone .Now it seems to have settled down and back to the odd day every month which I dont mind,I do get crampy period like pain along with the bleeds .I didn't get along with pills the patches have been much better for me .

helemaypot Sun 02-Dec-18 19:19:35

Thanks for your reply volvariella, its the sickness feeling that awful i put my patch on Thursday night and on Saturday i felt like I was going to be sick , I’ve noticed this happens regularly , although my monday patch doesnt seem to upset me . Other than the sickness and enlarged tender boobs then its ok just wondered if this would pass after 6 months .. Im off to see my consultant next week so will keep the thread updated incase anyone else is needing info.

Puggymum Thu 17-Jan-19 14:40:25

Hi Ladies,
My first time on here but I have such positive news I wanted to share. I am almost 58, thankfully very healthy and fit, other than the usual stuff ladies of our age get, My problems were mainly the severe aches and pains. My legs were the worst, felt pain deep in the bones.
I could cope with the hot flushes, didn't think I was moody or suffering mood swings. I went to the Doctor (lady doctor) who was brilliant. She put me on Eveoral Conti and ordered some blood tests for Vitamin D. I started feeling better within a few days of using the patches. Aches and pains and muscle aches went away. My mood lifted, I didn't think I was down but didn't realise I was until I started feeling more motivated and positive about everything. My vitamin D came back as low so I was put on Stexerol (125,000 units in a monthly dose). I looked up Vitamin D deficiency and low and behold , it can cause bone aches deep in the bones, fatigue etc etc.. So basically I had a double whammy of aches and pains. Well, I am happy to report feeling even better, back to my normal self. Can leap about in Zumba now, instead of just going through the motions. If any of you ladies have the aches and pains please see your Doctor don't suffer needlessly. At least get your bloods done for vitamin d. By the way, I am mystified why it was low as I usually have two separate weeks in the sun, May and September if I can and I am out walking my dog in the sunlight so I thought that would be enough.
Only down side to the Eveoral was I had a period that lasted nearly a month, but I feel that was a small price to pay, I hope this helps anybody who is feeling as I was.

Albion22 Mon 21-Jan-19 09:38:46

Hi just about to use Evorel Conti patch for the first time after being on HRT tablets for years. My only concern is will the patch stay on when i use sauna and steam room

helemaypot Mon 21-Jan-19 13:57:54

Hi Albion22
They are brilliant at sticking had no problems at all
Just read the instructions clearly and you should ne fine
I just smoothly rub over the edges once it on

Good luck

Lorena53 Fri 08-Feb-19 14:06:06

Hi newbie here
Has anyone experienced missed patch spotting ,bleeding!
If so how long did it last??what did you experiance please share ladies , going for check up next week
But though I'd throw it out there has I can't find much infor about it and well it's gonna happen from time to time lol ?

helemaypot Fri 08-Feb-19 17:27:19

Hi Lorena53

I had spotting and more like a period with the evorel for 4 months but i stuck with it and Im fine now, so just keep on with it as long as your consultant is aware of this. I hadnt had a period for 4 years so it was a shock to suddenly start again but it has stopped now and ive been on the patch for9 months now and everything is fine.

Racquel1X Mon 11-Feb-19 20:32:29

Hi I was prescribed Evorel Conti by my GP last week. I'm 51 in a couple of months and still having regular periods. The only issue I have is worsening PMT which causes low mood and depression/tearfulness a couple of weeks EVERY month from mid cycle until around second day of my period. I did go through a period of night sweats a couple of years ago but these stopped when I introduced a good multivitamin into my diet, whether it was coincidence I don't know. My sex drive is high, no dryness, no flushes or sweats so I'm worried that I may be adding hormones I may not need but the GP said a blood test wouldn't be reliable as hormones fluctuate daily. I've been under alot of emotional stress all of last year and the beginning of this and I'm convinced this has worsened PMT as I read that progesterone is converted to cortisol when stressed. Anyway I have been to Holland and Barrett today and bought some more B Vitamins to balance my hormones and will see how this goes although if no improvement I will try the patches as the upset is really affecting my quality of life and relationship with my partner when I'm so upset.

helemaypot Mon 11-Feb-19 21:59:43

Hi there
I thought that the evorel conti is an HRT
For post menapausal not while you having regulsr periods ,
The evorel sequi is for while you going through menspause.. evorel conti is a continous hormone of progesterone and estrogen for women who are not having a period , where the sequi is progesterone for only a certain number of days..
I would confirm this with your doctor
Good luck

MandyRaff Wed 13-Feb-19 12:07:41

Hi guys, I have been on Evorel Sequi for a couple of weeks now and am still waiting for the effects to kick in. The only difference so far is more pain in my legs and arms and a stabbing pain through my 'whatsit' that I haven't had before. On the plus side, think my libido is coming back!! wink

SallyP Wed 13-Feb-19 22:35:08

Hi everyone, this is my first post! I’m 55 and been on Evorel Conti patches for just over 6 weeks, (post menopausal by a couple of years!). I’ve noticed the last couple of weeks the hot flushes have lessened, (YAY!) both in frequency and intensity, but the last week or so I’ve been feeling really miserable.. to the point of crying and really struggling to motivate myself to do basic things, which is not like me at all. I’m used to being tired because I have an under active thyroid, and am on Levothyroxine, but this is different and I had my B12 last week so should be feeling a bit better this week! Other than the flushes, the main reason I decided to try HRT was because of hurting joints... now my whole body hurts... fingers, toes, muscles, everything. Has anyone else experienced this? ... Is it just an adjustment thing that I’ve got to get through before it settles down? Any advice/similar experiences would be gratefully received!! Thanks smile

Ingeduplessis Thu 14-Feb-19 18:06:42

Hi, I've also been prescribed evorel conti patches - I'm 50, haven't had a period for 2.5 years and am desperate to sleep again and not wake up 20 times boiling and drenched. That and the raised level of anxiety.
So, the Second listed common side effect is "being unable to sleep" !!
That and depression - both of which I already have due to lack of sleep.
I would love to know what your experiences with it has been re low mood and insomnia??
Much appreciated!

Granny35 Wed 27-Feb-19 09:56:19

Hi SallyP. This is my first post also. In the nicest way i'm so pleased that you have said this is how you feel after being prescribed Everol Conti patches!! I am 50 in four months, have not had a period for two years, but was suffering terribly with the hot flushes, joint aches and irritability. After two months of using the patches the only way I could describe how I feel now is THOROUGHLY miserable!! Have no motivation, look forward to nothing, and ache far more than before. I have always been a pro-active, get up and get on person, but now I wouldn't care if I sat in my pj's all day and did nothing. Even feeling like that is totally alien and I don't know how to react to that even! Have decided one more week and if there is no improvement then I shall take myself off them. I did not like the flushes at all and the sleep deprivation due to them was a nightmare...ironic..but they were more survivable than feeling as low as this. Really hope things improve for you, but at least you know your not alone!!!

Jazzyj Thu 07-Mar-19 16:22:38

Hi Sallyp , just to say you may find my new post of some help,
jazzy

Laroche Sat 09-Mar-19 22:11:03

Hi Ladies, been on patches for just two months, previously taken different Hrt product's, since 2011, no bleed for six years. 2 week's in and bled for 3 weeks, had week off and bleeding again, also dizziness. Making me feel miserable just wish could get some continuity. Thoughts please.

Shelly8769 Wed 20-Mar-19 14:40:12

Hi guys just starting the Evroel combined after reading good and bad reviews will see how it goes ... smile

Gigi14 Wed 24-Jul-19 10:33:08

Hi everyone I‘ve been using Evorel Conti patches for just over 3 months now and am feeling absolutely shattered. I am going to bed at 10pm and not waking until 8.30/9am. Sometimes I am sleeping for an hour in the afternoon. I have no energy to do anything and have no enthusiasm for anything either. Unfortunately for the last four weeks I have had the symptoms of a virus that the doctor said can last between 6 and 8 weeks, sore throat, difficulty coughing, aching shoulders and arms and lots of headaches and mucus so I am wondering if this is contributing to the overall feeling of tiredness and lethargy. I will continue the patches for another month in the hope that the viral symptoms will have gone by then and report back on how I am feeling. If I am still feeling the same I will be visiting my doctor again.