Gransnet forums

Menopause

HRT not available

(26 Posts)
Dyffryn Fri 24-May-19 15:04:42

I have been trying to get a repeat prescription for my HRT for several weeks now. Finally the doctors surgery and the pharmacist has said it is unavailable and they do not know when it will be back in. I have been told this is the case for many HRT tablets and patches. Has anyone else had a problem getting their HRT

glammanana Fri 24-May-19 15:16:47

Surely they can offer another brand I have had different brands in the past with no problems at all.

SirChenjin Fri 24-May-19 15:25:38

I couldn't get my Elleste Duet earlier this month but they prescribed me an alternative with no problem

Largolass Fri 24-May-19 15:27:05

Same here Dyffryn took the Pharmacy two weeks to get my HRT patches and while I now have the same brand I've had to drop to half strength. All brands are unavailable in strong strengths at the moment.

yggdrasil Fri 24-May-19 16:22:17

Brexit strikes again

Humbertbear Sat 25-May-19 09:21:01

We have a problem getting steroid cream that has been prescribed. Only one of our three local chemists can obtain it now but not in the size of tube prescribed

ayokunmi1 Sat 25-May-19 09:31:06

Why is it brexit

blondenana Sat 25-May-19 09:48:47

Nothing to do with Brexit, it gets blamed for everything now

PamelaJ1 Sat 25-May-19 09:55:15

In the days before Brexit. My tablets became unavailable.
The manufacturer stopped making them.
I tried other options, I had a very helpful GP, non of them suited me.
I still get very hot at times but I just gave up in the end.yyh

PamelaJ1 Sat 25-May-19 09:57:17

yyh.... no idea where that came from.
Must be Brexit ??

Lupatria Sat 25-May-19 10:01:38

got my three months' supply of elleste solo a couple of weeks ago - no problems.
hopefully they'll have sorted it all out by the time i need the next prescription.

beamac Sat 25-May-19 10:17:43

Been trying to get my Elleste Solo for 3 weeks. My pharmacist has tried everywhere with no luck. I've looked online for it but no-one has it. Has anyone been given an alternative to this and if so, what?

Dyffryn Sat 25-May-19 10:51:01

Thank you for your replies, it is Elleste Solo I cant get. Interesting that Lupatria managed to get some a few weeks ago.

Willow10 Sat 25-May-19 11:38:08

I couldn't get Elleste Duet either. Out of stock everywhere. I've been prescribed a different brand. I haven't started it yet but hoping it's ok and they don't run out of that too!

jaynen Sat 25-May-19 11:39:57

I also take Ellesse Solo and was unable to get them about 6 weeks ago. I have been given Zumenon instead after a lot of toing and froing with the chemist. No adverse effects so far thank goodness.

Sheshyshowshum Sat 25-May-19 12:20:32

A few years ago production stopped of my regular tablet which contained both oestrogen and progesterone, so the doctor gave me two different tablets that made up both the ingredients. Maybe your doctor could do that for you.

Menopauselbitch Sat 25-May-19 17:27:44

Nothing to do with Brexit at all.

SusiQ8 Sun 26-May-19 01:13:02

I am now on Evorel as I was having so much trouble trying to get Elleste Solo.

notanan2 Sun 26-May-19 01:55:38

There are supply issues at the moment with a lot of meds

Esspee Sun 26-May-19 06:57:12

I use oestrogen only implants (much better than patches) and on my last visit the consultant mentioned in passing that they were having difficulty with supplies. I assumed that it was a temporary glitch and didn't ask for a reason. Now you have me worried OP. Life without oestrogen is unthinkable.

travelsafar Sun 26-May-19 08:08:21

I can't even get a prescription from my GP!!!

LadyO Sun 26-May-19 08:58:46

Yes, same here in South Bucks... Elleste Solo is in short supply. Took many weeks of searching to get my prescription filled, hoping that the pharmacies will be restocked in time for my next one!

Fennel Sun 26-May-19 09:40:11

This used to happen when we lived in France too - with their equivalent of Vagifem. The could usually offer an alternative but I was beginning to get worried. So not necessarily brexit.
There's another one called premarin which is sometimes out of stock - due to source (from an animal sad.

Drell Sun 26-May-19 10:14:23

My pharmacy couldn't get hold of elleste solo in Surrey 6 weeks ago. She went back to the GP to prescribe an alternative. The word on the street here is that manufacturers withdraw products from the market when better ones are available...... (ummm)
Anyway I'm now on progynova and haven't noticed any difference.

labazsisslowlygoingmad Sun 26-May-19 19:43:10

my chemist told me my normal one is not available so was advised they would liaise with my GP and a prescription for an alternative would be available to collect by the end of the week which it was