Gransnet forums

News & politics

kathleen turner - get over it!

(29 Posts)
rockgran Sat 21-Dec-13 17:47:54

Did anyone else find it refreshing that Kathleen Turner is not desperately trying to stay gorgeous and young looking and accepts that the advancing years do alter your looks. I sometimes wonder when I will be old enough to just be happy looking clean and tidy without worrying if my "aged" appearance is offending anyone! tchshock

cathyb Mon 23-Dec-13 14:38:05

I'm just so grateful that even as a young woman my only redeeming feature was my youth... I am not ugly nor am I anything to turn around for, so not having ever had it. I have nothing to loose! Ordinary is the new black...

Kiora Mon 23-Dec-13 15:19:10

I have a sister-in-law who was a real looker. She's 58 now and hasn't aged well. She still wears very short skirts & dresses. Her once beautiful auburn locks are a peculiar shade of red. She has taken the loss of her looks very badly and we think it sent her a bit gaga. She's taken up with a Tunisian boy almost young enough to be her grandson. .. I often wonder if it would better to be clever or beautiful. Which one would I have picked if I'd been given the choice. Perhaps ordinary and plain get a better deal in the end

rockgran Mon 23-Dec-13 18:08:57

When I was young I was nothing special but OK I suppose. However, I wish I had appreciated the bloom of youth (I did have nice skin) and slim figure which I thought too fat. I try to appreciate the good points I have now as no doubt in 20 years I'll look back and wish I was 63 again. (God willing!)grin