(83 Posts)
Gracesgran Sun 20-Mar-16 23:32:23

Now that should be interesting smile

whitewave Sun 20-Mar-16 23:35:51

Oh maybe thats when he will blame Osborne annie

Anniebach Sun 20-Mar-16 23:40:37

Be interesting, a must listen to

Gracesgran Sun 20-Mar-16 23:48:42

They have just been discussing on the Sky Newspaper review whether IDS will have the opportunity to make a statement too.

f77ms Mon 21-Mar-16 07:46:34

The spin Dr`s will be hard at it writing that speech . Damage limitation exercise !

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 07:52:09

Yes he is going to try to calm things but knowing the Tories wiĺl be hard pushed. No one can do back biting and unpleasantness and inuendo like the Tories

thatbags Mon 21-Mar-16 07:53:42

According to the Times, he's blaming Osborne for the 'row' over disability cuts.

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 08:17:47

Wonder who GO will blame?

Anniebach Mon 21-Mar-16 08:43:30

Here we go again, remember when Oliver Letwin put his foot in things and then couldn't be found , it became quite a joke like where's Wally, the press were asking where's Letwin. So I ask, where's Georgie ? He should speak out, doubt he is skiing with Boris , perhaps he has gone ahead to Lanzarote to wait for Dave .

The Mail is backing IDS

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 08:53:50

One of the BBC reporters said that what we are hearing from the various Tory bids trashi g each other is nothing like what is being said away from public view. She said it would make your hair turn blue if you could hear them.
Personally I would prefer redsmile

Jane10 Mon 21-Mar-16 08:57:06

Obviously whitewave!

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 08:58:32

Is GO expected in the chamber today or is he in hiding?

Anniebach Mon 21-Mar-16 09:03:08

They will find a way to wiggle and lie their way out of this whitewave, bet there is more than 'oh dear' being said though. All this - I have great respect for Ian , through gritted teeth , so funny , such lies

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 09:08:06

Talk of Gideon being moved to the FO post referendum.

Anniebach Mon 21-Mar-16 09:34:25

If Osbourne moves to the FO surely he will stop wearing those hard hats , who would become chancellor?

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 09:43:35

Of course it very much depends on the referendum outcome. If is out then GO DC etc are sunk without trace.

Blinko Mon 21-Mar-16 11:52:36

If Osbourne moves to the FO surely he will stop wearing those hard hats....

I think you'd need hard hats anywhere in the Middle East at the mo. I imagine the FO job might involve going there at some stage....

Blinko Mon 21-Mar-16 11:53:24

It seems we live in interesting times grin

bear Mon 21-Mar-16 11:56:12

Fascinating to read your contributions on this link and also on the one about lies or spin.

Lilyflower Mon 21-Mar-16 12:28:19

"No one can do back biting and unpleasantness and inuendo like the Tories".

Substitute for 'The Tories with 'the Jews', 'black people', 'Muslims' and so on and see how acceptable that sentence is.

I seriously think that, even with all the kerfuffle with the SNP and Miliband's 'Edstone' one reason why the left was quietly trounced in the last election was the invective of the left. I heard with my own ears and saw in the press and on Facebook Labour supporters calling Conservatives 'fascists', 'racists, 'bigots, 'Kippers' and 'Tories' (uttered in tones of loathing.) These same Conservatives being nice, kind, moral, responsible, pleasant, well mannered, hardworking, taxpaying, charity-donating, volunteering, decent people. They never answered back. They just voted.

Gracesgran Mon 21-Mar-16 13:34:49

Kippers are UKIP members Lilyflower not Conservatives (which I presume you do find acceptable). I seem to think they used it first to describe themselves. "Tory" has a long history and has often been used as shorthand for Conservative - from about 1830 apparently.

Do you think you may be being a tad over-sensitive? If you associate yourself with politics which some abhor you may feel the comments are personal but that happens to those who declare themselves in favour of any political party surely.

Anniebach Mon 21-Mar-16 14:02:04

He'll bells, how sensitive can a person be, I have been classed as a member of the loony left by several tories here , I don't squeal

Ed Milliband is a .jew by the by

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 14:07:38

lily I was talking about Westminster MPs and if you knew me you would know I didn't mean Tory supporters on GN. That simply isn't my style.

Penstemmon Mon 21-Mar-16 14:14:50

Try putting 'Corbynites' in there too or any group!

The right wing media, and some individuals too are as voraciously ranting against ' Corbynites'. It happens in both directions. Don't take it personally it is politics after all!

If a person takes a strong stance they should expect a strong riposte!

whitewave Mon 21-Mar-16 14:16:42

Who was that said to pen?