Gransnet forums

News & politics

Does a little bit of you...... (It's about that)

(468 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 11:12:32

.... almost want the other side to win, simply because the follow up to the result would be so much more interesting? Yes, I know that is completely irresponsible. hmm

Welshwife Mon 20-Jun-16 11:14:17

Not for me -

Teetime Mon 20-Jun-16 11:57:46

I just want the right result- LEAVE!

sunseeker Mon 20-Jun-16 11:59:55

I just want everyone to respect the result - whichever way it goes.

Tegan Mon 20-Jun-16 12:00:22

Not something to joke about imo sad.

merlotgran Mon 20-Jun-16 12:05:12

We've had so much serious stuff a little light hearted banter can't hurt. Comedians are being paid to do it on the telly after all.

DH is Brexit and I'm still dithering so maybe I'll vote IN and then we'll even eachother out.

Ana Mon 20-Jun-16 12:14:29

No point going into a decline about it...

merlotgran Mon 20-Jun-16 12:16:32

IN or OUT, one thing is sure.....Glasto will be with us at the weekend.

ELO....Bring it on!

Ana Mon 20-Jun-16 12:20:13

sunshine - or more probably not!

Indinana Mon 20-Jun-16 12:20:43

I actually know what you mean jings, haha. I know which way I'm voting and if it goes the wrong way, and therefore gets interesting, at least I won't feel responsible. I can just sit back and say "See? I told you."

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 12:25:06

Yes. I'm a Remainer and DH is a Leaver (unless I can talk him out of it before Thursday). Almost no point going to the polls, but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Mamie Mon 20-Jun-16 12:31:20

There is no way that I would find an immediate drop in income of 30% in the slightest bit interesting! (Predicted drop in £ at Brexit).

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 13:22:04

Do you mean as an expat Mamie? To be honest, I was thinking more of how the political theme would unfold.

granjura Mon 20-Jun-16 13:27:33

Well yes- but .... same as Mamie, our life would be probably massively affected by an out move- and when I mean massively, it is not an exageration. We've already lost 40% of our income since we came here- and another 40% would have a drastic effect- and so would losing the reciprocal agreement on health care, that would add another massive bill.

So yes- I know it was tongue and cheek and for a laugh--- but

granjura Mon 20-Jun-16 13:30:17

Very nasty worms have got out of that can- and whatever happens, putting them back in the can will be extremely difficult- and lead to perhaps very unpleasant things. If remain just pips it to the post, I cannot imagine how Britain First, the EDL and some UKIPers will react...

Enoch Powell's words could come too close for comfort, and not from the perpetrators some imagined sad

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 13:32:28

Ignore if you find it annoying. I still would find events at Westminster very interesting.

merlotgran Mon 20-Jun-16 13:39:24

Of course it will be interesting. We haven't been in this position before.

I remember being really pleased when we joined the Common Market (as it was then) because our nearest supermarket was 26 miles away and I looked forward to being able to buy some French cheese grin

Simple life in those days.

Anniebach Mon 20-Jun-16 13:50:05

Seperating the fact I will be devasted if we vote out ,

then if we vote in it will be hilarious watching Cameron, Gove etc being bestest friends again and if we vote out see just how honest Boris was in his letter of reassurance that he did not want to be PM

Badenkate Mon 20-Jun-16 13:57:48

I know exactly what you mean jinglbellsfrocks and have used it to cheer myself up at times! All our family is 'in' but we're actually the opposite to granjura and Mamie since most of our money comes from outside the UK and our monthly income is steadily going up at the moment! Still the decision is much wider than that wink

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 13:58:44

But can they ever be bestest mates again? (Gove and Dave) Bit sad that really.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 14:02:28

Don't care much about Boris. Cannot see him ever being Prime Minister (please!!!) grin

Liz46 Mon 20-Jun-16 14:05:34

I amuse myself sometimes thinking about conversations between Trump and Boris if they both got in!

merlotgran Mon 20-Jun-16 14:06:00

I don't want to see Gove as PM either.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 14:11:14

Liz46. #boggles. grin

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 20-Jun-16 14:12:46

I want DC to stay. Give 'em the finger Dave. smile