Gransnet forums

News & politics

As well as all the grief for Jo can we also have some for Ellie

(56 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Wed 22-Jun-16 09:13:43

story here

Taken away from the excellent and loving care of her grandparents and made to live again with her cruel parents. Just because some bloody judge deemed it to be the right thing to happen, against the advice of social workers and others.

Grandad said on the radio this morning that when the grandmother asked Ellie how long she wanted to stay living with them, she replied. "millions and millions and millions of years". The grandad told the judge she was likely to have the little girl's blood on her hands before too long. But the judge didn't listen, and so she died a cruel violent death.

BBbevan Thu 23-Jun-16 09:06:44

Lully, I was the ' designated' teacher at our school and I agree with everything you say. We had one child we were very worried about, plus neighbours had told us their worries The social worker said she would visit the home. She tried several times but could not contact anyone. So she closed the case. I often wonder what became of that child.

LullyDully Thu 23-Jun-16 09:55:17

They stay in your mind . I remember a boy on teaching practice , his name and everything. That was 1968. As least as a designated senior teacher I could put in my 2 p worth.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jun-16 09:55:49

Where do these children go? lack of foster homes

Anya Thu 23-Jun-16 10:43:11

Lack of good foster homes and often Looked After Children are placed in Care Homes.

Anya Thu 23-Jun-16 10:44:57

Though in Ellie's case there was a family placement available.