Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who to replace Cameron?

(550 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 08:27:57

Only a few months and there will be a new PM, who?

spyder08 Fri 24-Jun-16 09:55:30

IMHO there is only one person for the job....BORIS

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 09:57:33

Would Jacob Rees-Mogg deliver what they what to the Labour people who voted Leave? He's one of those ex-banker fat cats they allegedly despise. He also supports zero-hours contracts and thinks the disabled aren't worth the minimum wage.

Jaycee5 Fri 24-Jun-16 09:58:34

The only Tory I like is David Davies but I don't think he would get enough support.
Boris might be bad enough for the Tories to lose the next GE but the cost would probably be too high.
If I had to bet on it, I would probably say May.

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 09:58:35

I support Boris too. The country would be in such a mess after a few months that there would be a revolution!

jinglbellsfrocks Fri 24-Jun-16 10:00:27

Yes. Why not Boris? Be fun to watch. So long as you don't care tuppence about your country, and the state of the world as a whole.

trisher Fri 24-Jun-16 10:03:05

I don't think it matters, whoever it is will be presiding over a complete collapse of the economy. I do wonder if we will see something like what happened in 1930s in Germany with some sort of deal being done with UKIP and Farage eventually being moved in to bring in more right wing policies.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 10:05:02

I await hearing Johnson, he will be humble, express how he agonised for years , how he deeply regrets Cameron standing down , wonder how he will explain the letter stating he didn't wan't to be PM , I don't trust this man , he has no principles , no honour

mischief Fri 24-Jun-16 10:06:55

I have come round to the opinion that BJ should get the PM job and take responsibility of what he has done. Then I think of him representing our country in the EU and the world and I cringe and change my mind.

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 10:08:14

I never agreed with David Davis over Europe and I still don't agree with many of his views. However, we're already out of Europe and I've begun to warm to him a little. At least he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 10:08:28

Think of him caring for the vulnerable in this country and weep

alisonwall123 Fri 24-Jun-16 10:09:09

Boris gets my vote - but he must ensure honesty and transparency. he believes in the country as he believes London is the greatest city in the world, which it is. The leave vote was the right vote.
I'm proud to be part of a brave Britain.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 10:10:23

Boris doesn't know honesty

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 10:11:23

I think the cracks between Gove/Johnson and Farage began to show in the campaign. If the next leader of the Conservatives has an iota of intelligence he/she won't give any power to Farage, although I suppose a meaningless job such as Minister of Duck Ponds might show him up for the charlatan he is.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 10:37:50

Cameron promised the referendum to help him win the election , he won the election and lost his job . Doubt he expected the back stabbers in his party, silly man seems to have forgotten his party has always been champion back stabbers

sweetcakes Fri 24-Jun-16 10:44:27

Well Gove did say he didn't want the job that just leaves Boris I surposed !! And Europe said that wouldn't allow Britain to hang around like a bad smell.
And what about Ireland serious implications does that mean the border controls will go back up and will the troubles return !! Not to mention the French they might decide that sod it let the immigrants go through the tunnel not our problem now, what happens then.
So what next we are in a ship no paddle no captain and no plan as yet Happy Days as my son would say ( NOT )

HellsBells Fri 24-Jun-16 11:05:48

Did anyone else notice that Boris changed his hairstyle(calmed it down) when he started campaigning for Brexit?
Can a man changing his image (from buffoon) really be trusted?

obieone Fri 24-Jun-16 11:06:13

I can't see Teresa May being leader.
I am not sure Gove can be ruled out.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 11:20:06

Boris or Gove, you must be happy obieone

willsmadnan Fri 24-Jun-16 11:21:26

Its a no-brainer.....Teresa May.She has demonstrated during all this hysterical scaremongering that she keep can keep her cool , and she has been an excellent Home Secretary at one of the most difficult times in our history.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 11:23:56

Such a good Home Secretary she has made sure her husbands company G4 gets more contracts

obieone Fri 24-Jun-16 11:27:55

I dont think Teresa May because she has not been vocal in the campaign. That is not a leader.

janeayressister Fri 24-Jun-16 11:34:01

Not Gove, please

whitewave Fri 24-Jun-16 11:42:57

Patel? Please no!

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 11:51:00

Don't worry, ww. Patel isn't actually a human being. She's a robot, regularly programmed by Conservative HQ to repeat the party line.

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 12:01:13

Johnson will win, he is determined to be PM