Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who to replace Cameron?

(550 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 08:27:57

Only a few months and there will be a new PM, who?

willsmadnan Fri 24-Jun-16 12:04:23

I do wish you'd try to be less predictable Anniebach.

obieone Fri 24-Jun-16 12:12:52

I am not so sure about Johnson. Unless others step back for him.

I dont think he is seen in the conservative party amongst the MPs, as much of a team player.

NonnaAnnie Fri 24-Jun-16 12:12:57

Surely we should not be having a new leader? David Cameron said time after time that he would NOT stand down if we voted out.

Nonnie1 Fri 24-Jun-16 12:20:51

Boris to win. He has what can only be described as an amazing screen presencesmile

missislippy Fri 24-Jun-16 12:34:27

Oh dear it appears that the Brexit vote has annoyed quite a few people on here. Could it be that most of you are in the metropolis that voted Remain and out of touch with the "common man? Already tarring us with the racist brush because we are patriotic and believe on our country.... Anyway, I don't think BJ is enough of a statesman to be PM and MG has too much integrity to do the job. Give May a chance, she may be a Thatcher-in-waiting and lead us to win the next election. ...God help us if Corbyn gets in!

Nonnie1 Fri 24-Jun-16 12:39:22

missislippy

I voted out but I wish I had not had to do so. Does that make sense?

Sheilasue Fri 24-Jun-16 13:13:37

Please not Johnson or Gove

willsmadnan Fri 24-Jun-16 13:15:45

Seconding Misslippy Very well put.

POGS Fri 24-Jun-16 13:21:42

It will be upto the party to decide, as it will be for the Labour Party to decide if the present 'calls for Corbyn to stand down' by Labour MP's succeeds.

Speculation is just that speculation. However if the question is asked to simply give rise to the opportunity to show dislike by using personal insults then I guess it is open season for names. sad

suzied Fri 24-Jun-16 13:23:25

Does living in the metropolis make us out of touch with the common man? With 6m people , London has a bigger population than Scotland, plenty of common folk here, me included, so maybe we should have a " londonexit".

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 13:26:25

The question wasn't asked for personal insults POGS, it was asked for opinions and views .

POGS Fri 24-Jun-16 13:29:48

suzied

I would say by looking at the geographical results and the cross party constituencies that have voted Leave I would say Yes in England and Wales.

Not listening to the COMMON MAN , the WORKING CLASS is not only an issue in the Metropolis it has been shown to apply to politics in general and across all parties.

POGS Fri 24-Jun-16 13:34:22

Anniebach 13.26

Pity the proof doesn't fit your desire. sad

Bluecat Fri 24-Jun-16 13:36:56

Oh, God, what a line-up...They're all dreadful. Maybe it should be one of those who got us into this mess, as it ought to be their responsibility to try to get us out. We can always have the bitter satisfaction of watching them struggle.

I fear we will get Boris eventually. The man's ambition will steamroller everything that gets in his way. I suspect that all those who think he is funny and jolly, because of his tv appearances and a few larks when he was London's mayor, will get a nasty surprise if he is PM. If Cameron's austerity measures were bad enough, can you imagine what Boris would inflict on us?

And as for Rees-Mogg - seems to me that he'd happily see a return to the days when little boys earned a living by sweeping chimneys and the old, poor and disabled went to the workhouse!

Nonnie1 Fri 24-Jun-16 13:39:41

I wonder if Donald Trump would be a contender... now that he has bought up half of Scotland sad

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 13:41:49

suzied, I think a LondonExit would be a good idea. Can Manchester, Liverpool and the Wirral join?

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 13:44:41

No, missislippy, I live in a small market town and, strangely enough, there are quite a few common men and women.

Anyway, maybe you can tell me how leaving the EU will benefit the lives of common people in the UK. Nobody else can.

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 13:46:57

Who or what is the COMMON MAN?

This person seems to appear when people turn about 45. What is he before he becomes a COMMON MAN?

daphnedill Fri 24-Jun-16 13:47:51

I have always understood that the WORKING CLASS includes everybody who has to work for a living.

POGS Fri 24-Jun-16 13:53:36

Daphnedil

Ask suzied who the Common Man is?

As for the Working Class what is your point in stating the obvious.

Nonnie1 Fri 24-Jun-16 13:56:16

Sometimes the obvious needs stating

Anniebach Fri 24-Jun-16 13:57:01

POGS, is everyone to post staying how wonderful all politicians are? I couldn't , it would be lies

suzied Fri 24-Jun-16 14:20:00

I'm not the one who used the phrase common man!

suzied Fri 24-Jun-16 14:20:42

I'm quite common BTW but I'm not a man .

POGS Fri 24-Jun-16 14:23:15

Eh!

suzied 13.23

"Does living in the metropolis make us out of touch with the common man?"